Friday 28 September 2012

SATURDAY 29th SEPTEMBER 2012 07:18 BST

NOW AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WW2 (29th September 1942)
On the Russian Front... At Stalingrad, fierce fighting continues at Mamayev Kurgan, the Red October factory, the tractor factory, and the Olovka salient. South of Stalingrad, the Soviet 51st Army and 57th Army launches an attack on the Romanian 4th Army around Sarpa Lakes.

From Berlin... Hitler anounces the construction of an "Atlantic Wall" to prevent an Allied landing on the Atlantic coast of Europe.

In the Baltic... The RAF uses aircraft to lay mines

From Liverpool... Convoy OS-42 departs.

Over Crete... US MEAF B-24 bombers attack Suda Bay

In the Atlantic... British vessel Registan sunk by U-332, British vessel Baron Ogilvy sunk by U-125, British vessel Lifland sunk by U-610.

Over Oregon, USA... A seaplane launched from Japanese submarine I-25 drops incediary bombs, aiming to start forest fires. The fires are rapidly extinguished and no wildfires result.

In the Pacific... US vessel Alhena sunk by Japanese submarine I-4 off San Cristobal Island. US Cactus Air Force fighters claim three victories with one loss while intercepting Japanese aircraft over Guadalcanal. USAAF B-17 bombers attack Japanese warships and transports in the Shortland Islands.

In Papua New Guinea... Australian battalions advance towards Nauro on the Kokoda Track. US 5th Air Force aircraft attack Buna and Salamaua.

In Tokyo... Soviet spy Richard Sorge is sentenced to death.

In Madagascar... Two companies of the South African Pretoria Regiment land at Tulear on the southwest coast. Allied troops land at Fort Dauphin on the southeast coast.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
I am delighted at how user-friendly Blogspot has become and is now streets ahead of Wordpress, so I am here for good! Blogging, me-time and possibly a meditation before a brief missus time then shift 2 of the Weekend Job. Watching TV footie in the late evening.


 Twitter Followers = 1,549 (up 1)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
I am on the face of it perfectly happy but a low mood has rumbled on in the background for the past week. From my training I know that mood is so multi-causational it can be impossible to tie down a cause and so be able to directly address it. In my less-educated past I would have sought hedonistic distractions, but these days my policy is "feel the mood and carry on anyway" - so long as my focus is on my clear intentions and on gratitude, and I am responding appropriately to each moment, I can afford to live with it without wasting time trying to get to the bottom of it. Right now I feel calm and content anyway.


4. TODAY’S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you clear in your mind about the purpose of your life?


5. TODAY’S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day with sunny intervals.
Remaining dry/cloudy into the evening and overnight
Wind will be moderate to strong and westerly, veering south-westerly overnight.
Max Temp: 11 degC
Min Temp 9 degC
Sunrise 07:06
Sunset 18:47

Jetstream: Directly over Britain and westerly


6. TODAY’S ONELINER
It's not enough to have every intelligent person in the country voting for me. I need a majority : D


7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Deleted Lines from Star Trek


8. TRIVIA
"Underground" is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters "und."


9. THE WISDOM I’VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"We don’t see the things the way they are. We see things the way WE are."

— THE TALMUD









No comments:

Post a Comment