Sunday 3 April 2016

SUNDAY 3rd APRIL 2016 08:24 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 
WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

3rd April 1043: 
The Coronation of Edward The Confessor
Edward was the seventh son of Æthelred the Unready and the first of Æthelred's second wife, Emma of Normandy. He did not succeed his father, but Cnut's son – and Edward's half brother – Harthacnut (by Harthacnut's invitation), restoring the rule of the House of Wessex after the period of Danish rule since Cnut conquered England in 1016.

Because the historical record is confused there is disagreement over the nature of Edward's reign. England was generally strong and prosperous, despite border wars with Wales and Scotland, but Edward struggled to maintain his authority over the powerful earls, particularly with the House of Godwin.

After initially succeeding in having them exiled in 1051, they returned with a powerful army in 1052 Edward faced the dilemma of a ruinous civil war or to restore their lands. Thereafter, Edward became increasingly dependent of the House of Godwin and in their thrall. Edward distracted himself by devoting himself to the Church, giving him his popular name "The Confessor" Edward having no offspring and his vague intentions regarding the succession led to a conflict over the throne immediately after his death, and then to the Norman Conquest.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
The Milk Run
Ironing
Lunch
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,1112 (up 3)
Never-followed unfollowers eliminated = 1

@BlueCartHQ
Followed unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 4
@rkkxoxschultz, @MRrousyboyvlh, @rhc101machelp +1 untraced 

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Well that's a first - ex-Daughter actually showing Missus some SYMPATHY and even CONSIDERATION. Despite Missus bad leg and my protests, Missus had decided to see ex-Daughter as usual, but ex-Daughter actually showed some GENUINE CONCERN and insisted she stay at home! 

I'm somewhat cynical and doubtful this sudden rash of empathy will continue - if it did, that would be great! I could just relax, move on with my life and let them happily get on with their own relationship. It would take a year or so before I were to become convinced there was a genuine change in attitude. I remain watchful.

On the personal front I have gone a week with zero libido. I'm still getting used to this novelty! With Missus "out of action" I had no need to perform and with everyone at home and under my feet, the prospect of an orgasm was too much like hard work. Feelings are very mixed over this turn of events. It certainly freed up time and mental capacity for other matters, but I maintain that an orgasm a day is important for wellbeing, even though I've blatantly disregarded my own guidance!

Once the other two are back at school/college and Missus is sufficiently recovered, I will endeavour to give my no-longer self-propelling libido a push, the incentive no longer being relief but simply wellbeing - keeping everything moving.

My right knee meanwhile, after its injury in early January remains usable but I fear permanently degraded. After a somewhat physical evening at the Weekend Job (seconded to another department where I was constantly on my feet) my knee was hurting quite badly at bedtime. This morning it feels better but at the best of times I can still feel it.

I have to accept that the knee is "on the way out" and simply look after it as best I can, to prolong its usability. I have fully come to terms with ageing, the surrendering of things and death, greatly helped by my knowing that "me" is only an illusion anyway. This is only an ephemeral avatar of the universe - as are you! But through what we have learned and passed on, the universe is knowing itself increasingly better.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you at peace with your mortality?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
















Moon






Weathertrack














Air Pressure
1006 millibars and falling slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
And then one day we decided we were tired of sleeping in and doing whatever we wanted whenever we wanted in a clean house, and we had kids. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Rowan Atkinson - The Gynaecologist

8. TRIVIA
There are about 50-60 volcanic eruptions across the globe every month.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Lives without hardships produce shallow individuals

No comments:

Post a Comment