Sunday 15 May 2016

SUNDAY 15th MAY 2016 11:09 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 
WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

15th May 1916: The Lynching of Jesse Washington
Jesse Washington, a teenage African-American farmhand, was lynched in Waco, Texas, on May 15, 1916, in what became a well-known example of racially motivated lynching. Washington was accused of raping and murdering Lucy Fryer, the wife of his white employer in rural Robinson, Texas. There were no eyewitnesses to the crime, but during his interrogation by the McLennan County sheriff he signed a confession and described the location of the murder weapon.

Washington was tried for murder in Waco, in a courtroom filled with furious locals. He entered a guilty plea and was quickly sentenced to death. After his sentence was pronounced, he was dragged out of the court by observers and lynched in front of Waco's city hall. Over 10,000 spectators, including city officials and police, gathered to watch the attack. There was a celebratory atmosphere at the event, and many children attended during their lunch hour. Members of the mob castrated Washington, cut off his fingers, and hung him over a bonfire. He was repeatedly lowered and raised over the fire for about two hours. After the fire was extinguished, his charred torso was dragged through the town and parts of his body were sold as souvenirs. A professional photographer took pictures as the event unfolded, providing rare imagery of a lynching in progress. The pictures were printed and sold as postcards in Waco.

Although the lynching was supported by many Waco residents, it was condemned by newspapers around the United States.  Although Waco had been regarded as a modern, progressive city, the lynching demonstrated that it still tolerated racial violence; the event was nicknamed the "Waco horror". The city subsequently gained a reputation for racism, but city leaders prevented violence on several occasions in subsequent decades. Washington's death helped alter the way that lynching was viewed; the publicity it received rconsiderably educed public support for the practice, which became viewed as barbarism rather than as an acceptable form of justice. In the 1990s and 2000s, some Waco residents lobbied for a monument to the lynching, an idea that has failed to garner wide support in the city.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Me Time
The Milk Run
Blogging
Lunch
Meditation
Business Promotional Work
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,227 (down 3)
Never-followed unfollowers eliminated = 2

@BubbloUK, @raising_jupiter
Followed unfollowers eliminated = 1
@Evangeline8790
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My body is being invaded! I am sufficiently in tune with my body to recognize a viral attack at its earliest stages, indicated by producing more phlegm, a sore throat and a negative feeling. Fortunately I have a Rottweiler immune system and a generally ferocious attitude to encroachments in general, be it from viruses, animals or people. I'm certainly not invincible but I have a good history of fighting off infection. 

It doesn't help though that I have damaged knee ligament since January with little sign of healing. I can still walk on said knee but it appears to have gone backwards in the last couple of days. The time has come to consult the local surgery's resident Physio. There's going to be no quick answers however if any at all.

My other deterioration was a masturbation failure. I am used to these if I foolishly indulge an overnight urine boner, but this was the first time I couldn't keep an erection going for my daily orgasm during the day. Unlike proper sex, where unassisted erections have been a problem for some time, solo indulgences have been ok because there's fewer limitations to what you can do and there's no "hanging around". This time however, my erection died on me. Feeling somewhat frustrated I dropped a magic blue tablet and a few hours later had no problem.

Whilst the confidentiality of my clients is sacred, you may have noticed that my own life is a completely open book. I think that if I didn't share my experiences, my cred as a teacher/philosopher would be undermined. Having openly described what I've been through and am going through to those who are interested, the wisdom I offer is clearly grounded in gritty reality.

So, living up to my own philosophy that it's all about how you respond, I am responding intuitively. I will consult more knowledgeable heads regarding the knee. Meantime I am making myself more comfortable by treating virus and knee symptoms with a hefty dose of analgesics. That lightens mood and frees up my mind to function better. Orgasms will have to be restricted to the mid-mornings (sexual peak) where I have the privacy, the bed and the time, ensuring I'm relaxed and well-hydrated. I can no longer successfully fap any time and place! It therefore looks like the apparatus is getting a day off today, which isn't a disaster.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you responding in the right way to what you're facing?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
In brief
Dry, cloudy, mild

Details




















Moon






Weathertrack














Air Pressure
1022 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I asked the local librarian if they had any books on paranoia. She whispered, "They're behind you". :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Russell Howard on UKIP

8. TRIVIA
The highest point of the Great Wall of China is in Beijing at Heita Mountain (5,033 feet/1,534 meters). The lowest point is at Laolongtou (sea level).

9. ZEN WISDOM
Without a mentor in life, one can easily succumb to folly and easily become self-centered, capricious and arrogant.

No comments:

Post a Comment