Monday 17 June 2013

TUESDAY 18th JUNE 2013 07:00 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (18th June 1943)
In Australia...
Prime Minister John Curtin announces that Australia is no longer threatened by Japanese invasion.

In the Philippines...
The Japanese military administration orders the formation of the Preparatory Commission for Philippine Independence.

In India..
British General Archibald Wavell is appointed Viceroy Of India

Today's Air Raids...
Sardinia military targets by USAAF
Sicily Messina and Trapani by USAAF
Nauru Island on the Japanese garrison by US 13th Air Force
Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Ironing
Me Time
Online Marketing
Meditation
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,672 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Most of the time I can forget I'm the full-time carer of a schizophrenic. It is after all so well-managed that she holds down a full-time job and is Chief Breadwinner. But just occasionally it hits me. Feeling rather sore from Daughter's last "anti-Dad" Facebook post (absolute last in my case - I "unfriended" her) I came across Missus' latest hoard of undiscarded rubbish her side of the bed, and as I sifted through it, I could feel my bottom lip start to quiver and jut outward.

I didn't cry - maybe I'm all cried out, but I did feel very very sad and lonely. But of course as an adult with responsibilities, you can't just stop. Son and Missus count on me and I need to be strong for them. I just got on with it. The weight of sadness had an unexpected benefit - it calmed my mind right down. Anger management is usually an ongoing daily exercise for me, but I found myself too sad to be angry, and it brought an odd relief. It all went quiet inside.

It made me realized that bereavement is an essential discipline for the scarred. To internally acknowledge the damage done brings a stillness and a release. There's a comfort to be derived from sadness. To embrace the reality of how you feel eliminates internal conflict and internal peace results.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you being emotionally honest with yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and overcast throughout
A mild easterly breeze will become negligible by mid-evening.
Max Temp = 17 degC
Min Temp = 10 degC
Sunrise at 04:35
Sunset at 21:41

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I quite like the idea of a meaningful overnight relationship : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY
David Mitchell the Trekkie

8. TRIVIA
The British Army lost 60,000 men on the first day of the Battle Of The Somme. By the end of the campaign in November, the British had 420,000 casualties, of which 96,000 were killed.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment