Monday 8 April 2013

TUESDAY 9th APRIL 2013 07:26 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (9th April 1943)
In Salzburg. Germany
Day 3 of the Hitler/Mussolini conference

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessel Bella Italia sunk by RN submarine HMS Safari

In Tunisia...
British 8th Army pursues Axis troops withdrawing from Wadi Akarit positions.
5th Corps of British 1st Army attack in the Bedja-Medjez el Bab sector, whilst 9th Corps attack around Fondouk.
Company of Vichy French combat troops committed to battle under Axis command

In the Atlantic...
French vessel Bamako sunk by U-515
In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Oyama Maru sunk by USN submarine Drum
Japanese vessel Shanghai Maru sunk by USN submarine Grayling
Japanese vessel Penang Maru and IJN destroyer Isonami sunk by USN submarine Tautog.

Today's Air Raids...
Duisburg, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
New Guinea Military targets by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging then housework. Son time over lunch. Long meditation then client prep. Missus time in the evening.

   Twitter Followers = 1,651 (down 2)
      Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
      Unfollowers eliminated = 1

         @RicksRoadmap

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Well that was unexpected! After a 2-hour ironing marathon yesterday, I felt exceedingly grumpy. After lunch I felt both grumpy and tired and took a nap. Next thing I knew it was three hours later! I awoke feeling "stoned" and only felt like myself after a hearty supper.

I had thought that I was getting enough sleep, but apparently not! I've been awaking - naturally - very early, at around 5am and just went with it. I wasn't expecting to be overtaken by fatigue and hunger so severely, as I didn't think my regime that taxing. It may be a sign of how unfit my home-based life has made me, so 2 hours stood up ironing took it out of me!

Overnight I slept lightly and fitfully, as I was frequently awoken by our new energetic young cats playfighting. Nevertheless, I did manage an hour longer in bed, getting up at 6am, so we'll see how we go today.

I'm aware that the "missing link" in my wellbeing is regular exercise. I'm not sure how or where I'm going to fit it in, but it does need addressing. Anyway, today it will be in the form of more ironing and the housework I didn't do yesterday!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there anything you've been ignoring that you need to address?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy with a raw north-easterly wind.
Possibility of a shower in the late evening
Dry and cloudy overnight
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:22
Sunset at 19:57

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Australia has it all - beaches for the kids, sun for us adults and sharks for the mother-in-law : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
David So on being ugly and Asian.
8. TRIVIA
In 2011, Iran banned Valentine cards, gifts, teddy bears, and other Valentine tokens as part of a "cleanup" against the spread of Western culture. Additionally, some religious activists in India and Pakistan see Valentine’s Day as a of shame in which Westerners satisfy their “sex thirst.”
 
9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Failure is a stepping-stone to greatness." - Oprah Winfrey




No comments:

Post a Comment