Friday 9 October 2015

SATURDAY 10th OCTOBER 2015 07:51 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

10th October 1967
The Outer Space Treaty comes into effect
This treaty established for the first time international space law, placing limitations on what was allowed to occur in space within the reach of human spaceships. This law prevents collisions between satellites and spacecraft, hostile conflict and the testing of nuclear weapons in space.

The treaty has been very successful in harmonizing the activities of individual countries in space, preventing accidents and allowing international co-operation, and with Earth orbits becoming increasingly crowded has proved essential. Other important space treaties followed to make space law more comprehensive

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Shift 2 of the Weekend Job
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,022 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
 
-
New Followers followed back =0
-
Spammers not followed back = 1

@mugasobafasi

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Changes at the Weekend Job have proved very beneficial, making it now the best working conditions since I began my time there. This isn't however wholly due to management benevolence. All positive changes have been forced by economics or legislation, and my own working conditions are a direct result of my own stroppiness. 

It has been the Weekend Job experience that has crystallized my beliefs about the very nature of existence itself, which now closely follow a philosophy known as the "Hermetic Principles". The most revolutionary change in my conceptualization of the universe is to reject utterly the idea that the universe is underpinned by love.

The groundstuff of the universe is in fact polarity, the existence of creative and destructive forces that are fundamentally interwoven. There can be no existence without this polarity. Applying this to my own life, there are important roles for both love and hate, or in practical terms generosity and aggression. 

This has led to changes in my attitude that have greatly benefited my life - I have purged from my regular interactions all those who made me feel unhappy, which have mainly turned out to be close relatives. I aggressively defend myself against disapproval and pressure, and embrace rather than suppress grudges. At the same time I extend generosity, kindness, gentleness and wisdom to those receptive to it. In short, I deal out what the neighbour is receptive to!

Since I have adopted this policy, my life is easier, simpler, freer of paradoxes and anomalies and fundamentally happier. This of course has reinforced these new beliefs that are entirely consistent with experience. Having thus reached the "end of seeking", I can simply enjoy life experience.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your faith consistent with your experience

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy throughout
A moderate easterly will pick up in the afternoon and swing north-easterly in the evening
Max Temp = 12 degC at 3pm
Min Temp = 8 degC at 8am
Sunrise at 07:24
Sunset at 18:23
Moon:

Weathertrack: A very large anticyclone over Scandinavia will keep Britain dry
Air Pressure: 1024 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I just spent an hour at the gym. I couldn’t find a parking place close enough to the entrance, so I left. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Mankind is undoubtedly responsible for for the extinction of some species such as the dodo, but most spectacularly in the case of the passenger pigeon - numbering thousands of millions in North America alone before 1840, it was hunted on a spectacular scale - the last known example died in 1914. 

9. ZEN WISDOM
The energy of creativity is like a fire that transforms all kinds of obstacles into opportunities for dynamic new growth and advancement.

No comments:

Post a Comment