Wednesday 3 June 2015

THURSDAY 4th JUNE 2015 05:57 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (4th June 
1945)
Norway...

US 474th Infantry Regiment, including the Norwegian-American 99th Infantry Battalion, arrives at Oslo to assist with German demobilization and repatriation

Bougainville Island...
Australian II Corps reaches the Peperu River

Tarakan...
Japanese commanders refuse an Australian demand for surrender

Luzon...
US 6th Army sends patrols around Aritao

Okinawa...
US 4th Marine Regiment and 29th Marine Regiment land on the Oroku peninsula
US 10th Army isolate the Oroku peninsula and cross the Minatoga River

Tokyo...
The Japanese ambassador in Moscow reports an increasing build-up of Soviet forces in the Far East

Off Japan...
Japanese vessel Ryujin Maru is sunk by USN submarine Tench
Six Japanese vessels are sunk and three damaged by mines

East China Sea...
Japanese vessel Taiu Maru is sunk by USN submarine Billfish
Japanese vessel Shobu Maru is sunk by USN aircraft

Delhi, India...
General Wavell returns from the UK with the order to prepare India for self-government

Today's Air Raids...
Kataoka naval base, Shumushu Island by US 11th Air Force
Marcus Island by US 7th Air Force
Borneo on military targets by US FEAF - a sub-chaser and motor torpedo boat are also sunk
Taihoku, Formosa by US FEAF
Sakishima Islands on airfields by US FEAF
China on Sinsiang, bridges, rail traffic, and other targets around Chihsien, Linfen, Shihkiachwang, and Liuchow by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Sort out Practice paperwork/update client database
Ironing
Hedge Trimming
Oven cleaning
Client session and follow up
Quality Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,966 (down 10)
Non-followed eliminated = 9

all untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@LisbonCatlover 
New Followers followed back = 0
Spammers not followed back = 0

3. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Obviously, like my clients my character itself has issues, and they've all been there since childhood. Most mental issues cannot be cured, they are simply managed so they stop buggering up your life. Over a lifetime and almost entirely self-taught, I have learned to do this. My own issues consequently no longer hurt my nearest-and-dearest and I am ploughing on towards my goals, but every day I have to live with them in the back of my consciousness.

The one most prominent is to bear grudges for life. I refute utterly the suggestion that I am "holding on" to them - they "stick" to me! I would gladly, given the choice, forgive completely and move on - but the way this mind reacts is out of my conscious control! All I can do is have counter-strategies to prevent these reactions sabotaging my goals.

The most recent example is the "Saturday incident" at the Weekend Job where I was blatantly lied about. Though there were no external consequences, it took me a few days to remember my training and manage my thoughts and emotions. The wrath and resentment however will now be with me for life, permanently added to the dark half of my memory palace. I am not "choosing" this! 

However, since I stopped being frightened, I have found the wrath generated by this issue a useful defensive tool. Those who attempt to bully or control me soon think better of it! Consequently, when I do have confrontations, it generally only happens once and the predator avoids me after that. 

Though I'd rather not have a mind that reacts how it does, the strength and wisdom I have obtained in managing it has brought me a life that is generally blissful. For this I am profoundly grateful.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you in control of yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny throughout, becoming pleasantly warm by mid-afternoon
A light-to-moderate south-easterly will pick up from mid-morning
Max Temp = 18 degC at 5pm
Min Temp = 7 degC at 6am
Sunrise at 04:40
Sunset at 21:30
Moon:
 
Weathertrack: An anticyclone extending over Britain will move away north-east, but as it does so will draw up warm air from the south 
Air Pressure: 1026 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Just ordered a chicken and an egg off eBay to see which comes first. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 

8. TRIVIA
Wholemeal bread has 3-5 grams more fibre per sandwich than white bread

9. ZEN WISDOM
Life is filled with potential that is truly unfathomable. At last we are coming to see the enormous power it possesses. That is why we must never write anyone off. In particular, we mustn’t put boundaries on our own potential. In most cases, our so-called limitations are nothing more than our own decision to limit ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment