Monday 1 June 2015

TUESDAY 2nd JUNE 2015 07:07 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (2nd June 
1945)
Bougainville Island...

Australian II Corps begins a new offensive

New Guinea...
Australian 6th Infantry Division captures Hill 910

Luzon...
US 6th Army declares the area around Ipo secure

Okinawa...
US 10th Army advances south as Japanese 32nd Army withdraws to new positions

Off Japan...
Japanese vessel Mikmasan Maru is sunk by USN submarine Tench
Five Japanese vessels are damaged by mines

Today's Air Raids...
Borneo on military targets by US FEAF
Lauban Island by US FEAF
Mount Mandalagan, Negros by US FEAF
Sakishima Islands on airfields by USN aircraft
China on transportation lines, supply dumps, enemy positions, and other targets around Nanyang, Tsinan, Anyang, Paoching, Singtai and Liuchow by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Me Time
Client prep, sessions and follow up
Meditation
Making supper
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,978 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 2

@Product_London, @Sepulkarij
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@MissLizzy84, 
New Followers followed back = 3
@cmbrookins, @Ironmanmann, @ChasityVorris
Spammers not followed back = 0

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My Practice is particularly busy right now! And I'm loving every minute! Offering rock-bottom fees seems to be in every sense paying off. And of course every client successfully helped is likely to recruit more. I have a very clear goal - to be the leading hypnotherapist in the North by 2020. I would settle however for my Practice to be financially self-supporting and to be rid of the Weekend Job. 

On two occasions now at the Weekend Job I have been LIED about. Though there were no lasting external consequences in either case, it has strengthened my resolve to be in a position where I pick my own "customers". I have already on too many occasions in my life been the victim of other people's agendas. I no longer take such machinations lying down, but I want to be in a position where I don't have to deal with assholes at all.

Anger, if you can manage it, is I have found a highly useful force. I rather enjoy the power-rush it brings and seeing bullies back off from it - no one gives you grief lightly. New assholes, once bitten, are twice shy. Secondly, it gives you "oomph" - the drive to succeed in your goals. The stronger your hand, the less vulnerable you are.

However, all this wrath needs to be tempered with a certain humility. I don't forget that whilst you can become robust, you are never invincible or indispensable. Furthermore it's particularly important not to unleash your wrath on the innocent. Everyone needs friends and allies, and it's important to treat such folks with respect and gratitude. 

In short, all aspects of your character, light and dark, can be utilized and united to achieve a constructive goal, the light to achieve it, the dark to defend it. My Dark Side is no longer my enemy, it's a useful ally serving my purpose. 

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are all aspects of yourself working together to achieve a goal?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Sunny start
Skies will cloud over during the morning but thin out from early afternoon
Possibility of an isolated shower throughout
A moderate to strong south-westerly will reach a peak in the later afternoon and early evening.
Max Temp = 13 degC at 1pm
Min Temp = 8 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 04:42
Sunset at 21:28
Moon: 

Weathertrack: A depression in the Norwegian Sea will move away slowly to the east. The backwash of this depression containing weak weather fronts will cross Britain today
Air Pressure: 994 millibars and rising rapidly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
What I lack in eloquence, I make up for in…you know...stuff...and...things... :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
The warriors of Attila, king of the Huns, (A.D. 450) preserved their meat by placing fresh meat under their saddles. All the bouncing squeezed fluids from the meat, and the horse’s sweat salted the meat and removed more moisture. When the warrior stopped to eat, they had a dried and salted meal.

9. ZEN WISDOM
The biggest obstacles to our progress exist within our own lives in the form of cowardice and the tendency to give up. Breaking through these barriers will unleash a surging wave of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment