Tuesday 23 June 2015

WEDNESDAY 24th JUNE 2015 07:14 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (24th June 
1945)
Moscow...

A victory parade is held in Red Square

Tarakan...
Australian 26th Infantry Brigade commences mopping up operations against disorganized remnants of Japanese troops

Off the East Indies...
A Japanese vessel sunk by RN submarine Torbay

Luzon...
US 6th Army continues clearing remaining Japanese forces

Okinawa...
US 10th Army continues mopping up operations

Off Japan...
Two Japanese vessels are sunk and two damaged by mines

Yellow Sea...
Japanese vessel No. 284 Antung Maru is sunk by USN submarine Tirante

Today's Air Raids...
Marcus Island by US 7th Air Force
Balikpapan and military targets on Borneo by US FEAF
Ryukyu Islands on airfields and military targets by US 7th Air Force
East China Sea minelaying by USN PB4Y-2 aircraft - Japanese vessel Pluto Go is sunk
China on transportation lines, river traffic, Japanese positions, and other targets throughout southern and eastern China by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Shopping
Client prep and follow-up
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,982 (up 2)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New Followers followed back = 2
@Sambassadorcio, @mabelevans55
Spammers not followed back = 1
@fysygygucox

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
With life going mostly as I want it, there's not much more to say about it! However, there's absolutely no complacency. I am fully aware that all things pass and to savour the temporary joys gratefully. I am also aware that I can be distracted if I  don't keep a tight leash on my focus. There are still goals to strive for, and if you're not moving forwards, you're sliding backwards! The abundance of things to do and differences to make keeps me sharp.

Benign circumstances are of course golden opportunities to be truly awake - my learning has totally transformed my understanding of what that means! When truly conscious, the experience is blissfully calm. When lost in character, it's all a bit frantic! The calmer I am, the more awake I am!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What part of you is really you?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, cloudy and mild throughout, with a moderate westerly or south-westerly wind
Max Temp = 17 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 10 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 04:36
Sunset at 21:42
Moon:

Weathertrack: A large but weak anticyclone over Europe will keep all but the far north of Britain dry and mild today
Air Pressure: 1018 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I wrote to ancestry.com  for information on my family tree. They sent me back a pack of seeds suggesting I just start again. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Would I Lie To You - Was David Mitchell's childhood friend a bucket? - VERY funny!

8. TRIVIA
Stress can alter blood sugar levels, which can cause mood swings, fatigue, hyperglycemia, and metabolic syndrome, a major risk factor for heart attack and diabetes.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Youth can last a lifetime. Inner youthfulness is not a matter of our physical age. Rather, it is determined by the passion with which we live, the enthusiasm with which we learn, the freshness and energy with which we advance towards our chosen goals in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment