Sunday 31 May 2015

MONDAY 1st JUNE 2015 07:14 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (1st June 
1945)
Austria....

More than 700 Cossack troops formerly in German service are killed as the British begin forced repatriations to Soviet territory

New Guinea...
Australian 6th Infantry Division is attacking around Hill 910 and Koigin

East Indies...
Japanese vessel Tobi Maru is sunk by RN submarine Tiptoe

Luzon...
US 6th Army is advancing rapidly up the Cagayan valley

Okinawa...
US 10th Army is attacking Japanese 32nd Army around Hill 46, 100 Meter Hill, and Chan and fights its way into Shuri

Off Japan...
Six Japanese vessels are sunk and six more are damaged by mines

China...
Chihchiang operation (Battle of Western Hunan): 
Japanese 20th Army is ordered to continue withdrawing to positions around Youngfeng, Shaoyang, and Shihmensze

Burma...
Headquarters of British 12th Army relieves HQ 14th Army to control ongoing operations in Burma - 14th Army relocates to India to prepare for the invasion of Malaya. A new Headquarters RAF Burma is formed

Today's Air Raids...
Borneo on military targets by US FEAF
Takao, Formosa by US FEAF
Sakishima Islands on airfields by US FEAF
Osaka, Japan by US 20th Air Force
China on transportation lines, shipping, and other targets around Sinsiang, Linmingkuan, Yoyang, Szeshui and Huluehchen by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework
Meditation
Making Supper
Client prep and sessions
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,978 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New Followers followed back = 1
@NateMaingard
Spammers not followed back = 0

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Of course!! The Swish technique!! I was seriously struggling with the "Saturday Incident" - it was threatening to overwhelm my week. The Swish Technique, the most useful thing to ever come out of NLP, (arguably the ONLY) relieved it instantly - the answer was staring me in the face all the time! It then occurred to me that I could use it to keep my mind internally quiet. This is so blatantly bleedin' obvious, I'm a little embarrassed it's only occurred to me now, especially since I use the technique with most of my clients. I might be slow but I do at least eventually get it!

One of my more disappointing purchases of late was PSYCHOLOGY FOR DUMMIES - I could have done a better job myself! No mention of either Frankl or Jung's theories, just a load of other theories that don't add up to anything useful or practical. I'm getting the impression that mainstream psychologists in general are up their own arse. I've had a fair number of clients who've been down the psychotherapy route who got frustrated that all their counsellors did was listen and ask questions. 

I am convinced that if you want to help people with issues, you've actually got to give them an experience (hypnosis in my case) a model they can understand and use (conscious/subconscious mind) and something to DO (practical techniques and exercises) not just sit there nodding your head and asking dumb questions. I'd pit my results against a mainstream psychotherapist any day!

With missus back to work and Son on sleepover, I at last have the chance to get some stuff done! A very busy day is in prospect with a shitload of housework and two client sessions to prepare, deliver and follow up. Thanks to the Swish Technique I can now get on with it with a clear head.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your coping strategy up to the job or do you need to learn something new?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny in the morning
Heavy rain arrives in the afternoon and will persist thereafter, finally moving away overnight
A moderate-to-strong south-westerly will reach gale-force for a few hours in the late evening
Max Temp = 10 degC at noon
Min Temp = 5 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 04:43
Sunset at 21:27
Moon:

Weathertrack: A rapidly-approaching strong depression will drive weather fronts across Britain today
Air Pressure: 1012 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Guacamole is my favorite food that looks like someone already ate it :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Chris Rock on white trash, women and other matters

8. TRIVIA
Alfred Hitchcock, the “master of suspense,” was obsessed with blondes and cast only blondes in his movies. His favorite blondes included Eve Marie Saint (North by Northwest), Joan Fontaine (Suspicion), Carol Lombard (Mr. and Mrs. Smith), Janet Leigh (Psycho), Grace Kelly (Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, and To Catch a Thief), and Tippi Hedren (The Birds and Marni).

9. ZEN WISDOM
Life is a struggle, and ultimate victory is only decided in its final chapter. That is why it's important not to become intoxicated by one's success or become disheartened in defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment