Sunday 8 December 2013

MONDAY 9TH DECEMBER 2013 06:18 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (9th December 1943)
In Italy...
US 5th Army involved in heavy fighting around San Pietro, Monte Sammucro, and Hill 769

In the Mediterranean...
British vessel Cap Padaran sunk by U-596
German vessel Sonja sunk by RN submarine Uproar

In the Pacific...
The US airfield at Torokina on Bougainville Island opens 

Today's Air Raids...
Italy on the German front line by US 12th Air Force
Mille Atoll by US 7th Air Force
Bogadjim, the Ramu Valley and military targets, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
New Britain coastal targets by US 5th Air Force
Wuchang, Hankow, and Changde by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Intensive housework!
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,702 (down 2)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 2
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New followers = 0
 


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Whilst mentally and spiritually I am happy with my progress and the disciplines I have in place, physically is another matter! With my Practice based at home and an abundance of creature-comforts, I only normally venture out for the Weekend Job and shopping, so lifestyle is rather sedentary. 

Up to now this has not bothered me, but with the ageing process now beginning to make itself felt, the need for physical discipline is becoming more obvious. The only useful wisdom my mother ever taught me was simply "keep moving" - the body works on a "use it or lose it" principle. Whilst a happy mind goes a long way in maintaining the body, you do have to move it as well. The time has come to install some daily physical discipline.

It just so happens that I will be making a good start today as EVERYTHING needs cleaning, and I need to run errands, so I'll definitely be moving today! Outside of housework days I need a modified routine, which I will be thinking about today.

A physical routine also has "knock on" benefits for the mind, so it's a win-win step to make!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is it time to address a longstanding issue?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, mild and cloudy with clear intervals, particularly in the evening
A moderate south-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 9 degC
Min Temp = 6 degC
Sunrise at 08:12
Sunset at 15:46

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
In my last job I took a lot of notes - until they checked the till and fired me : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mock The Week - Russell Howard on newspapers - very good!

8. TRIVIA
In China, a baby is born with a birth defect every 30 minutes. Birth defects in that country have increased nearly 40% since 2001.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Hearts full of gratitude and appreciation are the most beautiful    

 
 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment