Saturday 28 December 2013

SUNDAY 29th DECEMBER 2013 06:37 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (29th December 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 60th Army captures Korosten, 100 miles north-west of Kiev
Soviet 40th Army captures Skvira, 100 miles south-west of Kiev
Soviet 3rd Guards Tank Armyencircles Zhitomir, 100 miles west of Kiev

In France...
The pro-German Vichy government reports more than 20,000 counter-terrorism arrests in three months

In Italy...
US 5th Army continues attacks in its sector of the front
Allied commandos raid the coast north of the Garigliano River  

In the Pacific...
USN submarine Silversides sinks Japanese vessels Tenposan Maru, Shichisei Maru and Ryuto Maru

US 1st Marine Division captures Cape Gloucester airfield on New Britain, whilst another Japanese attack on the Arawe bechhead is repulsed

In Burma...
Chinese 38th Infantry Division continue attacking Japanese 18th Infantry Division along the Tarung River 

Today's Air Raids...
Belin, Magdeburg, Dusseldorf and Leipzig, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Civitavecchia, Aquino, and military targets, Italy by US 12th Air Force
Transportation lines at Ovieto, Rimini, Ferrara, and elsewhere in Italy by US 15th Air Force 
Madang, Sio and military targets, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Yangtze River, China by US 14th Air Force, sinking 2 Japanese vessels

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Short quality Missus Time 
The Milk Run
Me Time
Lunch
Long/Deep Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,703 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New followers = 0
 
 


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Horny Missus libido has recently developed a taste for first thing in the morning, despite the fact that she's not a "morning person". There are three reasons for this. Firstly it's the holiday so she is not on a schedule. Secondly Son is deeply asleep in the mornings on holidays, and thirdly my virility is much better in the morning, often not requiring a blue tablet (though I don't often "take a chance" - better safely hard than sorry). Consequently I will be required for the third morning in a row.

All this is good for the marriage of course, enriching the relationship and the regular usage of my equipment prolongs its functionality. My ego is also boosted at being able to perform well in the morning.

The Weekend Job continues to proceed smoothly, partly down to good luck but also due to an equilibrium of understanding between myself and the current management. If they give me my breaks on time, start me at the far end and the rest of the time leave me alone, I do the job well and reliably, at least from a customer satisfaction and throughput perspective. 

A week of quality family time begins today, culminating in New Year's Day. Thereafter a return to discipline will follow, as I endeavour to improve weight, finances and business, as well as continue my mental/spiritual development. I now have no doubt that paramount to my mental health is the suppression of unnecessary thought - I function much better when I do this. I have learned that thoughts aren't "me" and consequently when they are minimized I'm actually more "myself", in consciousness and behaviour.

My ideal mental state, which I aim to perpetuate, is internally silent grateful attentiveness. It is in this mode that I experience the delicious experience of being, which I can physically feel as a continual very pleasant subtle "hum". Always there, you have to be internally quiet enough to feel it and enjoy it. "Feel The Hum" is a mantra I've recently started to use to keep internally silent.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Who are you when you're not playing a role?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry during the day, with a window of bright sunshine either side of noon
Rain arrives in the later evening. Becoming heavy at times it will persist into tomorrow morning
A moderate south-westerly will swing southerly by mid-evening and strengthen
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 4 degC
Sunrise at 08:25
Sunset at 15:53

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
After 20 minutes trying to take off my girlfriend's bra, I really regret trying it on : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
Mock the Week - The Best Jokes part 3 

8. TRIVIA
Humans have more brain cells at the age of two than at any other time of their lives.

9. ZEN WISDOM
A person who is not swayed from their chosen path, even during the most trying times, will ultimately find that he or she is trusted by all.  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment