Monday 12 August 2013

MONDAY 12th AUGUST 2013 09:32 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (12th August 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet Voronezh Front liberates Vysokoplye
Soviet Steppe Front reaches the outskirts of Kharkov
Soviet Southwest Front liberates Chuguyev 
Hitler orders the setting up of the Panther Line, a line of defence along the River Dniepr

In Sicily...
British 8th Army captures Maletto 
German defenders facing the US 7th Army at Randazzo withdraw overnight.
More Axis forces are evacuated from Sicily overnight

In the USA...
Churchill and Roosevelt meet privately at Hyde Park prior to Quadrant Conference in Quebec, Canada

In the Pacific...
USN Task Group 16.61 with five cruisers and five destroyers bombards Kiska Island, unaware that it has been abandoned

An advance team of US troops lands at Barakoma on Vella Lavella Island in preparation for a landing there

One rifle company of US 43rd Infantry Division lands on Baanga Island, but is forced to withdraw due to strong Japanese resistance

In the Indian Ocean...
British vessel Clan Macarthur is sunk by U-181 

Today's Air Raids...
Bonn and military targets in Germany by US 8th Air Force
Belgium and Northern France Allied Fighter patrols
Poix, France by US 8th Air Force
Bay of Biscay minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Crotone, Italy by USAAF
Milan and Turin, Italy by RAF Bomber Command
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force, unaware it is actually abandoned
Kahili, Bougainville Island by US AirSols
Gasmata, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework
Missus Time
Me Time

Twitter Followers = 1,664 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated =0

New Followers = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My relationship with Daughter, already effectively dead, climactically and finally ended beyond hope of resuscitation in an acrimonious explosion of hate and recrimination last night - from her I might add.

The final nail in the coffin was over Son. Daughter made peace overtures to her brother this week and met his asking price - an apology for her previous treatment of him. However, on overhearing my protesting to Missus over her insensitivity to my feelings about my treatment at the hands of Daughter, Son moved the goalposts of their reconciliation to include making peace with me.

Daughter was consequently prompted to phone me. Unfortunately, the motive was not to make peace but was simply a knee-jerk reaction to this turn of events. Having calmly made my point of view and asking price, Daughter in response simply vented her spleen, cut short by my hanging-up.

It is not nice to be hated by your Daughter, and it has inevitably prompted some soul-searching. Obviously that hatred came from somewhere. She was certainly on the receiving end of my anger-management issues as a child and a teenager. I was unable to cope with her behaviour and at 16 she was forced to choose being left to care for Missus on her own or leaving.

However, Son and Missus were also at the receiving end of my issues and reacted completely differently. Whereas Daughter could never see further than her own feelings, they were both prepared to back away when necessary and to compromise, discuss and practice mutual forgiveness. Consequently, my relationship with them is now strong and loving.

My conclusion can only be that Daughter is the one with the issues. Whereas I am prepared to accept responsibility for my actions, Daughter is not. Blinded by anger and hatred, for her, everything wrong with her life is my fault, and Son and Missus are under my evil thrall, which is why they sometimes side with me. 

And yet last night's events were in one way cathartic and positive - everyone involved is now completely clear where they stand. Everyone accepts that Daughter's hatred has killed-off any hope of a relationship - it is unquestionably dead. I have grieved, mourned and then accepted this tragedy. I can take steps to defend myself against my Daughter's hatred and then move on with the relationships that are working, to make a positive difference to the universe.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is there anything you need to move on from?  

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Mainly dry and sunny throughout
Possibility of isolated showers in the afternoon
Dry and clear overnight
A brisk cool north-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 15 degC
Min Temp = 12 degC
Sunrise at 05:39
Sunset at 20:44

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My deaf girlfriend has been cheating on me - I should have seen the signs : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
QI: Bizarre medical belief in the late 18th century

8. TRIVIA
The hottest planet is not Mercury, the closest, but Venus, the second closest, due to the greenhouse effect of its' thick atmosphere. The average surface temperature is 465 degC, twice as hot as most ovens.

9. ZEN WISDOM
The best response to a bad harvest is to plant new seeds. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment