Tuesday 24 September 2013

TUESDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2013 08:45 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (24th September 1943)
On the Russian Front...
The German 4th Army, nearly surrounded, withdraws from Smolensk
Soviet Voronezh Front captures Borispol
Soviet 3rd Guards Tank Army and 27th Army consolidate the bridgehead across the Dniepr at Veliki Bukrin

In the North Sea...
Kriegsmarine S-Boats lay mines

In the Aegean Sea...
The British Long Range Desert Group begins establishing coastwatcher stations on small islands throughout the Aegean 

German troops arriving on small islands throughout the Aegean to capture and replace Italian garrisons 

In Greece...
German 22nd Infantry Division begins assembling kampfgruppe for an assault against Cos 
German troops land on Corfu and attack the Italian garrison

In the Adriatic...
Italian torpedo boat Stocco is sunk by Luftwaffe aircraft off Corfu

In Yugoslavia...
LtCol Armstrong arrives as head of Allied mission to Draza Mihailovic and his Chetnik militia.

In Italy...
British 8th Army reaches the Ofanto River 
US 5th Army continues to advance northward

On Corsica...
German forces abandon Ghisonaccia as a base for air evacuation under pressure from local forces 

In the Pacific...
The US airfield on Vella Lavella Island becomes operational 
US Alamo Scouts conduct a reconaissance of Cape Gloucester on New Britain 
IJN aircraft carrier Taiyo damaged by USN submarine Cabrilla and towed to Yokosuka

In New Guinea...
Australian 20th Infantry Brigade attacking across the Bumi River north of Finschhafen 
Australian 22nd Infantry Battalion reaches Mongi south of Finschhafen 

In the Indian Ocean...
US vessel Elias Howe sunk by IJN submarine I-10 

Today's Air Raids...
Netherlands, Belgium and Northern France Allied Fighter patrols
Evreux and Beauvais, France by US 8th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Garden
Son Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,673 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New Followers = 1


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
In the current cosy/comfy benign environment I enjoy, I have neglected the marketing and promotion of my Practice. I don't feel too bad about this as my priority is to be happy and make a difference by any route available, and right now the success of my Practice is not crucial to that, as much as I love it. That said, I have no intention of giving it up, and I am always watching for free opportunities to promote it. 

I believe that life is for living, I reject utterly the "work ethic" and I intend to extract the maximum pleasure and enjoyment from this temporary experience. I therefore refuse point blank to put myself under any pressure which would have consequences for my loved ones. I will respond as and when I need to in the continued pursuit of my goals. Right now I am very happy, and if it aint broke, don't fix it.

There's something to be said for "living under the radar" - quietly getting on with enjoying life mostly unnoticed. When you "make it big", that "bigness" requires a lot of maintenance and increased security, as you are increasingly a "target" for malevolent forces who want a piece of what you've got. I am loved, comfortable and happy, so there's not much incentive to get "bigger".

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you clear in your own mind about what you really want?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, mild and heavily overcast throughout
Wind negligible
Max Temp = 17 degC 
Min Temp = 14 degC
Sunrise at 06:55
Sunset at 19:02

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My dad was a roofer - I know he's up there somewhere, looking down on me...

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY 
Mock The Week - Extracts from DVDs that would never sell 

8. TRIVIA
A blue whale is so massive, that when it dives, its head is already deeper than most scuba divers can safely dive to before its tail even leaves the surface of the water. 

9.  ZEN WISDOM 
Only when we learn to channel the energy we direct toward winning over others into winning over ourselves can we begin to develop our humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment