Thursday 2 July 2015

FRIDAY 3rd JULY 2015 06:51 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (3rd July 
1945)
Berlin...

All four Allied occupation zones in Berlin (British, American, French, Russian) are fully established

Germany...
Werner Heisenberg is flown to the UK for interrogation about German atomic research

Bougainville Island...
Elements of Japanese 17th Army conduct unsuccessful counterattacks against Australian II Corps

New Guinea...
Australian 6th Infantry Division captures Mount Tazaki, deliminating the last pocket of Japanese troops in that area

Borneo...
Australian 9th Infantry Division patrols and secures the area around Brunei
Australian 7th Infantry Division is securing Balikpapan and attacking around Pandansari and Parramatta

East China Sea...
Japanese vessel Hoei Maru is sunk by USN PB4Y aircraft

China...
Chinese 64th Army recovers Lungchow and Pinghsiang

Burma...
Elements of Japanese 33rd Army attack British 12th Army in the Sittang bend overnight

Today's Air Raids...
Celebes Island on military targets by US FEAF
Luzon on isolated Japanese pockets of resistance by US 5th Air Force
Japan on military targets by US FEAF - the first raid on mainland Japan by US FEAF
Chiran airfield, Japan by US 7th Air Force
Japan on Takamatsu, Kochi, Himeji, Tokushima and offshore minelaying by US 20th Air Force
China on transportation lines, Japanese positions, supply depots, and other targets at multiple locations by US 14th Air Force fighters
Indochina on Haiphong and military targets by US 14th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Meditation
Me Time
Shift 1 of the Weekend Job
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,981 (down 2)
Non-followed eliminated = 3

all untraced
Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@TygrScott
New Followers followed back = 0
Spammers not followed back = 2
@juliecarpentier, @hefymemuxeni 

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
After last week's "failure to launch" I was kinda nervous about this week's encounter. At the back of my mind was the fear that maybe the magic blue tablets would no longer work on me. As it turned out however, last week's summation was absolutely correct - this week I took one on an empty stomach 90 minutes before supper, then a second tablet just before supper. Three hours later when Missus arrived in the bedroom, there were no problems! 

I subsequently had the reverse problem. A demanding boner at 03:30, an indication that I need a wee, was no less demanding after the wee. I already know full-well that to indulge these early morning boners takes up to an hour to satisfy. Leaving it until after Missus has gone to work is the wise move as things then take the standard 10-15 minutes. This morning, I didn't make the wise move! 

Somewhat to my surprise, though things did last the best part of an hour, I enjoyed it immensely! A combination of my own duvet and the deep unconsciousness induced by olanzapine means that Missus is always blissfully ignorant of the autoerotic shenanigans going on a few inches away. Of course now I have a large sleep debt to pay off and the job of changing the bed as my side is now decidedly damp with sweat. 

Detaching myself from my character, observing the effect of ageing is oddly fascinating. The effects I've noticed so far are:
1. Erectile dysfunction
2. Longsightedness
3. Muscles "pull" easily if jerked
4. Automatic tasks (ie those done without thinking) are increasingly unreliable - I forget to do stuff I would do subconsciously, like making sure I've got all my stuff on me and routine daily tasks like packing Missus lunch, and buying items we get every week. I'm going to have start writing stuff down!
5. Name dropouts - I forget the names of people and things I've known for years! They usually return, but after I wanted to recall them! 

The discipline of acceptance, letting go of stuff, is now particularly important to prevent suffering and distress!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU  
How easily can you accept and let go of things?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Overcast start, but cloud will soon evaporate
Dry and sunny all day
Cloud builds in the evening, and there will be heavy rain overnight
A moderate south-easterly will pick up in the afternoon then swing gradually north-easterly
Max Temp = 21 degC at 4pm
Min Temp = 12 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 04:42
Sunset at 21:40
Moon: 
Weathertrack: An anticyclone will move rapidly north across Britain today, keeping most of the country sunny and dry
Air Pressure: 1026 millibars and falling slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I have clearly been put on this Earth so unstable people have someone to date :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Approximately 90% of all cases of malaria worldwide occur in Africa, and 3,000 African children die each day from it.

9. ZEN WISDOM
All human endeavours must have as their point of origin a concern for people’s welfare and a desire to contribute to human happiness.   

No comments:

Post a Comment