Tuesday 11 August 2015

WEDNESDAY 12th AUGUST 2015 06:58 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (12th August 
1945)
Moscow...
Stalin and Eisenhower, along with Ambassador Harriman, review a five-hour parade

Kuril Islands...
USN Task Force 92 with two light cruisers and 12 destroyers bombards Matsuwa Island and Paramushiru Island

Tokyo...
At a second meeting of the Imperial Council, the Japanese royal family endorses the emperor's decision to surrender unconditionally

Off Japan...
One vessel is sunk and two others damaged by mines

Sakhalin Island...
Soviet 16th Army advances slowly around Japanese defenses along the border

Korea...
A Soviet amphibious force secures Unggi while another lands and captures Najin
Offshore, Japanese vessel Hozugawa Maru is sunk by US FEAF aircraft

China...
25th Army of Soviet 1st Far Eastern Front is advancing toward Laoheishan
5th Army of Soviet 1st Far Eastern Front is advancing toward Mutanchiang despite Japanese counterattacks
1st Red Banner Army of Soviet 1st Far Eastern Front captures Hsientung
35th Army of Soviet 1st Far Eastern Front captures Mishan and Hulin
15th Army of Soviet 2nd Far Eastern Front is mopping up Japanese fortified areas around Fuchin and advancing toward Chiamussu
2nd Red Banner Army of Soviet 2nd Far Eastern Front is attacking around Holomoching and Aihun
36th Army of Soviet Trans-Baikal Front continues reducing Japanese fortifications around Hailar and captures Yakoshih
39th Army of Soviet Trans-Baikal Front is attacking toward Solun
6th Guards Tank Army of Soviet Trans-Baikal Front is attacking toward Tuchuan - Japanese aircraft conduct suicide attacks in an attempt to halt the advance

US Joint Chiefs of Staff instructs General Wedemeyer to halt US offensive operations

Singapore...
Pro-Japanese Indian commander Subhas Chandra Bose arrives

Today's Air Raids...
Japan US FEAF aircraft attack targets throughout Kyushu and Shikoku and nearby waters, sinking an auxillary patrol vessel

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Shopping
Missus Time
Meditation
Me Time

Twitter Followers = 1,979 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 2
@BLOODHOUND_SSC, @FunnyCopy
New Followers followed back = 3
@WHU_Fans, @regretfulzap, @SkintEntrprneur
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
With ageing there are changes and disruptions that are more fascinating than they are annoying. Of late, these are revolving around sleep patterns. A complicating factor is Missus being at home for August, giving me less flexibility than I'm used to. This is not a complaint however, as I still get unprecedented freedom as a husband.

Most people's body clocks if uncontrolled tend to slip forwards, getting up and going to bed increasingly later. Mine however is slipping BACKWARDS, meaning I'm waking and wanting to nod off increasingly earlier. After a few days waking too early and going to bed between 10 and 11, the sleep debt gets too big and I need my bed around 20:30

A further complication is waking up 3 - 4 am INCREDIBLY HORNY, hornier than I've felt since my thirties, but no matter how horny I think I am, if I indulge it, I can't finish and all I get is incredibly sweaty and more sleep debt. Yet during proper daytime, I'm less horny but have no problem finishing if I start, either solo or otherwise. 

All this of course is ultimately due to bodily changes caused by ageing, and it is simply a case of adapting to circumstances. During the night, I know that no matter how horny I feel, I have to simply leave myself alone. Regarding sleep debt, I will just have to get the odd early night in. Waking early is actually quite handy, as I can get all my blogging done before the day gets going. The cats like it too, they get an early breakfast!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How well do you adapt to change?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny throughout, clear skies after dusk, and mainly negligible wind
A moderate south-easterly will briefly pick up in the late evening
Max Temp = 20 degC at 5pm
Min Temp = 10 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 05:39
Sunset at 20:44
Moon: 


Weathertrack: The Azores anticyclone will extend over Britain, keeping the country dry
Air Pressure: 1025 millibars and falling slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My wife fully accepts me for who she wants me to be :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
The world’s worst landslide started by an earthquake occurred in 1920 in the Kansu province in China. The landslide killed about 200,000 people.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Each time you fall down, just get back up. If you can pick yourself up, you can also move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment