Monday 18 January 2016

TUESDAY 19th JANUARY 2016 07:52 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 
WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

19th January 1919

The Birth of Tight Underpants
Briefs were first sold on January 19, 1935 by Coopers, Inc., in Chicago, Illinois at Marshall Field's department store. They dubbed the new undergarment the "Jockey" because it offered a similar degree of support as the jockstrap (one style of which is also called jock brief or support briefs). The designer of the new style was reportedly inspired by a postcard he had received from a friend visiting the French Riviera depicting a man in a very short, form-fitting bathing suit. Thirty thousand pairs were sold within three months of their introduction.

In North America, "Jockey shorts" or "Jockeys" became an often used generic term for men's briefs. More recently, "tighty-whiteys" has become a commonly used nickname for briefs.

In the UK, briefs were first sold in 1938. Soon, shops were selling 3,000 briefs per week. They were so popular that in 1948, every member of the British Olympic team was given a free pair of briefs.

In Britain, the term "jockeys" has not caught on and briefs are often referred to as "Y-fronts". The term derives from the genericized trademark "Y-Front", property of Jockey International. It in turn derives from the inverted Y-shape formed by the seams at the front of the underpants. The colloquialism is used even when the fly opening may differ in style, and not actually form the shape of the inverted letter "Y" fly on Coopers Jockey brand briefs.

In Australia, briefs are referred to as "jocks" but should not be confused with jockstraps (more specifically used by athletes) which expose the buttocks. Australians generally use the word briefs to refer to the bikini-style underwear for men, which do not have the Y-front opening.

Since the ending of the 20th century, a hybrid called boxer briefs has become popular. Like boxers, they have short legs, but like briefs, they are made of elastic, snug-fitting material. A shorter version of boxer briefs are called trunks.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Client follow-up
Ironing
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,071 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@AndrewAndPete
New Followers followed back = 1
@elenalegeros
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Today feels like the first "proper" day back to normal, as cats are back from the cattery, suitcase restored to the loft, photos downloaded and complaint to The Train Line submitted! I can now move my focus forward. 

After a period of overindulging, overspending and overeating, it's time to exert some physical as well as mental discipline! It's somewhat unfortunate to have torn a knee muscle just when I could do with muscles being fully functional, but fortunately it's one of the side ones, meaning I can still walk and the muscle can rebuild at the same time, though I think I'm looking at six weeks. 

As well as getting back to financial, nutritional and physical discipline, my focus is on developing my business, coming up with creative ideas that attract the online user. I'm very grateful that all these challenges are ones I'm happy with - I'm doing what I want to do with my life. All I need to do now is keep my focus on a tight leash. I have a clear goal and know that I achieve that goal by the next step in this moment, responding appropriately to what's here.

I am convinced that your destiny is in the main dependent on your focus. I have found mine particularly difficult to control, but that has also made me very good at it through necessity! My aim this year is to keep focus very tight indeed, because that's what it takes to achieve my goals and prevent self-sabotage.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your life going somewhere? Are you getting anywhere?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
















Moon:





Weathertrack:














Air Pressure: 1016 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My wife can speak 60 words a minute.  With gusts up to 90. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Amy Schumer on vaginas

8. TRIVIA
The bats that feed on frogs can tell the difference between safe and poisonous frogs by listening to the male frog’s call.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Only when we learn to channel the energy we direct toward winning over others into winning over ourselves can we begin to develop our humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment