Wednesday 14 November 2012

THURSDAY 15th NOVEMBER 2012 07:00 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (15th NOVEMBER 1942)
In England... British vessel Linwood is sunk by a mine in the Thames estuary.

In the Mediterranean... U-259 sunk by RAF aircraft.
RN minesweeper HMS Algerine sunk by Italian submarine Ascianghi.


In Tunisia... The British 36th Infantry Brigade enters Tabarka.

In the Atlantic... Vichy French submarine Le Tonnant is scuttled off Cadiz.
U-98 sunk by RN destroyer HMS Wrestler off Gibraltar.
U-155 sinks RN carrier HMS Avenger and freighter SS Ettrick.
U-67 sinks British vessel King Arthur.

In the Pacific...
The climax of the naval battle of Guadalcanal. USN destroyer Benham is damaged beyond repair and scuttled, but the Japanese lose battleship Kirishima, destroyer Ayanami and four transports. All supplies in the Japanese convoy intended for their troops on Guadalcanal are destroyed. The battle is a decisive American victory. Imperial Japanese Navy no longer commits major fleet units or air units to Guadalcanal campaign after this date, and Japanese ground forces on the island are nearly isolated.

In Papua New Guinea...
Australian troops capture Wairopi and Ilimow and advance towards Gona.

Today's Air Raids...
Bay of Biscay Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Genoa, Italy by RAF Bomber Command
Rabaul, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Shopping in the morning, meditation in the afternoon, using any intervening time intuitively. Missus quality time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,592 (down 2)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 2
    Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was born to be a hypnotherapist - I love everything about it. I was 47 though before I actually became one. In the meantime I was acquiring the life experience necessary to become a good one. I have also learned to be grateful and thankful for good things that come my way. I have traded myths of certainty and security for happiness. I love my life right now.

However, I still have one fly in the ointment - the accursed Weekend Job. I have set myself the target of ditching it in 2014. It is now up to me to focus intently on this objective and make it a reality.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What are you doing to make your desire a reality?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Foggy at first, lifting mid-morning.
Thereafter it will be mild and cloudy with sunny periods.
Cloudy and cool with clear periods overnight
Wind negligible.
Max Temp = 10 degC
Min Temp = 6 degC
Sunrise at 07:35
Sunset at 16:08
Jetstream: Over Ireland and central Britain and south-westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My doctor reckons I'm paranoid. Well he didn't actually say it but I know he's thinking it. : D

7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Series 9 COMMERCIALS THAT NEVER AIRED

8. TRIVIA
Female aristocrats on the island of Portugese Timor in Malaya indicate their status by notching their ears.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Some days are simply meant for playing."
— MARY ANNE RADMACHER
 




No comments:

Post a Comment