Monday 12 November 2012

TUESDAY 13th NOVEMBER 2012 07:55 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (13th NOVEMBER 1942)
On the Russian Front... At Stalingrad, the position of the Soviet 62nd army is now desperate. Hemmed into a small pocket on the bank of the Volga, the river is now choked with ice, making resupply impossible.

In the Mediterranean... Dutch destroyer Isaac Sweers sunk by U-431
British vessel Maron sunk by U-81

British vessel Narkunda sunk by Italian submarine Platino
Italian vessel Bice sunk by RN submarine HMS Safari

In Libya... The British 8th army takes Tobruk.

In Algeria... British vessel Glenfinlas sunk by the Luftwaffe at Bougie.
The Free French forces in North Africa are organized. Darlan becomes political leader of French North Africa, Giraud becomes overall military commander, and Juin commander of ground forces. Eisenhower, having concluded the arrangements, returns to Gibraltar. Marshal Petain, in a secret message to Darlan, approves of the arrangements.

In the Atlantic... U-411 sunk by RAF aircraft off Gibraltar

In the Pacific... Off Guadalcanal, the Japanese naval force is intercepted by US naval Task Group 67 and the naval battle of Guadalcanal begins. The Americans lose cruisers Atlanta and Juneau, and destroyers Cushing, Monssen, Laffey, and Barton. The Japanese lose battleship Hei, and destroyers Yudachi and Akatsuki.
The Japanese commander Hiroaki Abe breaks off the engagement, but cruisers Suzuya and Maya sortie to bombard Henderson Field overnight.

In Papua New Guinea... General Horii, commanding Japanese forces on the Kokoda Track, drowns in the Kumusi River during withdrawal.

In the Indian Ocean... Three allied freighters are lost to U-Boats.

Today's Air Raids...
Bay of Biscay Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Genoa, Italy by RAF Bomber Command 

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing then online marketing and me time in the morning. Meditation in the afternoon and using remaining time intuitively. Missus time in the evening. 

 Twitter Followers = 1,592 (up 2)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
    Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Something that differentiates me from other people is my openness - I have no problem sharing issues, particularly on this blog, that others would consider too personal. I only restrict information at all because others get embarrassed. I seem to be devoid of a self-consciousness function.

I have for example no problem admitting to erectile dysfunction. Fortunately this is not impotency, so horny missus can still be satisfied. It does mean I need some chemical assistance if I am to perform in the evening, and even then I have to fake a climax about 50% of the time.

In the morning I am a lot more functional, but the opportunities for "encounters" at this time are rare. Oddly, none of this gets me down. I'm more concerned about ringing missus' bell than I am about mine. Possibly if I had a sexual partner who wasn't so clueless, my performance would be better - it takes a significant amount of stimulation to get me going. I'm absolutely fine with myself, but then that's in the morning and I know what I'm doing with myself! If I wasn't dealing with a Paranoid Schizophrenic, we could probably spice things up, but it's too much like hard work to disturb her fragile sexual ego.

It would be nice to have an encounter with a woman who really knew what she was doing, something I've never experienced, but it's not something I yearn for or regret that much. It's much more important to me to be loved and appreciated, and that I have in abundance.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What's really important to you?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Overcast but dry and mild all day, evening and overnight.
Wind will be consistently moderate and south-westerly.
Max Temp = 11 degC
Min Temp = 9 degC
Sunrise at 07:31
Sunset at 16:11
Jetstream: Over Scotland and south-westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I start a new job in Seoul next week, I thought it would be a good Korea move.
                         : D

7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Series 9: Things You Wouldn't Hear In A Cookery Show

8. TRIVIA
In soccer, if a player falls apparently badly injured when the ball is possessed by the other team, the opponents will normally kick the ball into touch, conceding a throw-in, and at the throw-in, the team with the injured player will return the courtesy by throwing the ball back to them. However, this is only etiquette - an unwritten mutual understanding.

There is nothing in the rules of the game to say you can't keep playing when the other team has a badly injured player - if you're ruthless enough. However, the referee is responsible for health and safety on the field of play, and may decide to stop play by blowing the whistle if he believes the wellbeing of an individual requires it. In this case, play is re-started with a drop-ball.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"No one ever found happiness by being selfish" - Rev. Robin Gamble





 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment