Wednesday 27 February 2013

THURSDAY 28th FEBRUARY 2013 06:25 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (28th February 1943)
On the Russian Front...
German forces complete withdrawal from the Demyansk salient
40th Army of Soviet Voronezh Front unsuccessfully attacking around Zenkov and Sumy
German 1st Panzer Army and 4th Panzer Army push to the Donets river.

In the Black Sea...
Soviet minesweeper Gruz sunk by Kriegsmarine S-boats

In Norway...
Norwegian commandos attack Norsk Hydro power station and damage heavy water facilities.

In the Mediterranean...
Kriegsmarine S-boat S-35 is sunk by a mine
Italian submarine FR-111 is sunk by Allied aircraft.

In Tunisia...
German Gruppe Weber continues attacking British 5th Corps around Beja
In New Guinea...
Australian 17th Infantry Brigade pushes beyond Mubo.

Today's Air Raids...
Murmansk Harbour, Russia by the Luftwaffe on vessels of convoy JW53
Northern France on military targets by RAF Fighter Command and US 8th Air Force Fighters
St. Nazaire, France by RAF Bomber Command
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Kolombangara Island and Bougainville Island by US aircraft, sinking vessel Hibari Maru.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Shopping and family accounts in the morning.
Meditation and some me time in the afternoon.
Missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,619 (up 1)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 2
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My mind begins today where I want it to be - in a neutral calm place. However there may be an adrenalin rush when I do the family accounts - and not in a good way! I never do look forward to it, but it is different this time - I expect to be in the red for the first time since 2008. A string of unexpected and unavoidable expenses has arisen in December - February of which I could do nothing about.

When circumstances are benign for a long period, you can become dependent on them, and a downturn therefore upsets your equilibrium. Fear can take over at this point and threaten a downward spiral, where fear generates behaviour that generates more fear. I am learning to respond to adversity by letting go of that lost and trusting in my intuition for my next move.

It's also important to keep focus on gratitude, so I have various reminders around the house and on the laptop to prompt me into that frame of mind. At the same time I need to keep my attention on my intention - what I'm trying to achieve. It's surprisingly easy to lose sight of this. I use daily mantras to remind me. My principal one is: What is my purpose? My purpose is to wield abundance to make a difference through loving, performance, teaching and therapy.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you clear in your own mind about what you are supposed to be doing?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny all day.
Cloud will build gradually in the evening and it will be dry and cloudy overnight.
Wind will be light and north-westerly at first, veering north-easterly from mid-morning.
Max Temp = 5 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:59
Sunset at 17:42

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I was playing chess with my friend and he said, 'Let's make this interesting'. So we stopped playing chess. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Robby Slowik on smug cars, bullying and ugly people

8. TRIVIA
In ancient Greece, a dinner host would take the first sip of wine to assure guests the wine was not poisoned, hence the phrase “drinking to one’s health.” “Toasting” started in ancient Rome when the Romans continued the Greek tradition but started dropping a piece of toasted bread into each wine glass to temper undesirable tastes or excessive acidity.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The greater part of our happiness depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." - Martha Washington





 



No comments:

Post a Comment