Tuesday 21 May 2013

TUESDAY 21st MAY 2013 08:05 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (21st May 1943)
In Germany...
Hitler flies from the Wolfsschanze to Berchtesgaden

In the Mediterranean...
U-303 sunk by RN submarine HMS Sickle
Italian vessel Bologna sunk by RN submarine HMS Unbroken
Italian submarine Gorgo sunk by USN destroyer Nields off Algeria


In Alexandria, Egypt...
An interned French naval squadron is recomissioned as a Free French force and joins the Allies

In the Pacific...
On Attu Island, US 7th Infantry Division attack around Clevesy Pass and Fish Hook Ridge .

In Tokyo...
IJN battleship Musashi arrives with the body of Admiral Yamamoto.

Today's Air Raids...
Wilhelmshafen and Emden, Germany by US 8th Air Force
Belgium US 8th Air Force Fighter patrols
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Reggio di Calabria and Villa San Giovanni, Italy by USAAF
Sardinia Military targets by USAAF
Pantelleria Island by USAAF on the Italian garrison
Wau, New Guinea by Japanese aircraft
Naibre, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul and Gasmata, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
Saumlakki, Molucca Islands by 5th Air Force aircraft
Cox's Bazaar, India by Japanese Aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework/Garden
Promotional/Marketing work
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,673 (up 2)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
As a therapist I often teach clients that to move on from a relationship, they must declare it dead. There is a great personal liberation that comes from this. In my case, I've been tempted, and last night seriously tempted, to declare my relationship with Daughter dead.

I guess what stopped me is another important truth I teach - to forgive your child everything between the ages of 12 and 25. At 20, she is still a "work in progress". So, whilst keeping a safe distance, we'll see what happens in the next five years. That said, if there is any further aggression of any kind, it will be an excuse to bring that "cut-off" forward. For now the relationship is "in a coma"

After an ironing marathon yesterday, I am behind schedule in what I wanted to achieve this week, but with more time today, and tomorrow's "lad's time" rescheduled for the evening, I have the opportunity to clear the housework backlog and start on the promotional work I wanted to do.

I am fortunate in that missus puts almost no pressure on me regarding schedules, so I could for example proritise meditation over the housework. Meditation is essential to my personal wellbeing and with the exception of a crisis, I know it's important to do your maintenance on the "machine" before running it.

At a spiritual level, spiritual practices, of which meditation is the most important, keep my consciousness at higher levels, so I can see what I truly am, so preventing needless suffering.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you looking after yourself so you can look after others?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry but heavily overcast in the morning and afternoon.
Heavy rain arriving in the evening will lighten to showers then drizzle by the following morning.
Wind will be light and northerly
Max Temp = 12 degC
Min Temp = 9 degC
Sunrise at 04:56
Sunset at 21:12

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I'd like to go into the Body Shop and shout out really loud "I've already got one!" : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Christina Davis on being on an Australian in America

8.TRIVIA
Researchers report that the vast majority of sexually abused children do not grow up to be offenders. However, paedophiles and psychopaths were almost always neglected or abused as children.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition of benevolence, confidence, justice." - Baruch Spinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment