Friday 29 March 2013

GOOD FRIDAY 29th MARCH 2013 08:49 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (29th March 1943)
In the Arctic...
German vessel Ajax sunk by Soviet submarine S-101

In the Mediterranean...
Italian vessel Egle sunk by Free Dutch submarine Dolfijn
Kriegsmarine vessels UJ-2201 and UJ-2204 sunk by RN submarine HMS Unrivalled
Greek vessel Angela Mitylene sunk by RN submarine HMS Parthian

In Tunisia...
The British 8th Army pursues Axis forces withdrawing from Mareth Line
New Zealand 2nd Infantry Division enters Gabes
US II Corps attacking toward Gabes

In the Atlantic...
Five Allied vessels are lost to U-Boats.
However, U-77 is sunk by RAF aircraft

In the Pacific...
USN submarine Gato evacuates military and civilian personnel from Teop Island
Japanese vessel Toho Maru sunk by USN submarine Gudgeon in Makassar Strait
Japanese vessel Yamabato Maru sunk by USN submarine Wahoo off Kyushu

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Indian 47th Infantry Brigade and 6th Infantry Brigade ordered to withdraw northward from Donbaik area around Japanese Tanahashi Column.

Today's Air Raids...
Berlin and Bochum, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Rotterdam, Netherlands by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France Allied Fighter patrols
Sfax, Tunisia by USAAF
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force
Chefang, China by US 14th Air Force
Burma military targets by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
A welcome day off the Weekend Job and an easy-going day for the nuclear family. Blogging first thing, then ironing and cooking a roast dinner. Meditation in the afternoon and a combination of missus time and me time thereafter.

 Twitter Followers = 1,647 (up 4)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 1

     @PodiumProApp

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Despite a late bedtime at 2330 last night I still woke naturally six hours later. If I get in 1-2 hours of meditation, I seem to need only six hours generally. This suits me as blogging takes 2-3 hours of my day, which is essential for business purposes, keeping my online profile high.

Thursday night's "weekly service" went well, with missus' bell suitably rung. I have come to terms with what's needed and spend an hour "warming up" by various means before missus arrives. When she does I then have something to impress her with.

In subsequent pillow talk, missus aked me what the best time of my life was. Without hesitation, I answered RIGHT NOW!! This is without question my Golden Age, where I have everything I require at home, abundant cosy creature-comforts, no heartaches, and loving fulfilling relationships.

The things of youth I can happily cope without and I am still healthy and mobile enough to enjoy life, making a difference to every moment. I live every day with the attitude of Gratitude.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is your life going somewhere?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry throughout, with bright sunshine in the morning.
Clouding over in the afternoon, but there will be clear spells overnight
A moderate but cold north-westerly wind continues, easing overnight.
Max Temp = 2 degC
Min Temp = -2 degC
Sunrise at 05:48
Sunset at 18:36

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I was in Tesco's and I saw this man and woman wrapped in a barcode - I said, ''Are you two an item?'' : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Jarret Berenstein talks about Riker's Island, midgets and being asked for money

8. TRIVIA
Slang for “prostitute” in Victorian times was “blowsy” and slang for “ejaculation” was “blow,” leading to the current phrase “blow job.” In ancient Greece, a blow job was called “playing the flute.”

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"The only way to have a friend is to be one." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
 




No comments:

Post a Comment