Tuesday 19 March 2013

TUESDAY 19th MARCH 2013 08:11 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (19th March 1943)
On the Russian Front...
The German counteroffensive in the south is halted by the Spring thaw.

In the North Sea...
British vessel Glendalough sunk by mine.

In the Atlantic...
British intelligence has cracked the new U-Boat Enigma code and convoys are consequently being re-routed to avoid U-Boats.
British vessel Lulworth Hill is sunk by Italian submarine Da Vinci.
US vessel Mathew Luckenbach sunk by U-523
Greek vessel Carras sunk by U-333

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Takachiko Maru sunk by USN submarine Kingfish
Japanese vessel Zogen Maru sunk by USN submarine Wahoo.

In Burma...
The British Arakan offensive is abandoned.
Indian units east of the Mayu River are ordered to withdraw northward from Htizwe.

Today's Air Raids...
Norwich, England by the Luftwaffe
La Speiza, Italy by the RAF, sinking Italian destroyer Alpino
Tripoli, Libya by the Luftwaffe, sinking British vessel Ocean Voyager and severely damaging RN destroyer Derwent.
Oran, Algeria by the Luftwaffe
Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force
Lae and Mubo, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force 
Manus Island by US 5th Air Force
Lao Kay, Indonesia by US 10th and 14th Air Forces
Hitzwe, Burma by the RAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Ironing then prolonged computer work, including client follow-up and setting up the Hypnotic Gastric Band Experiment blog. Long meditation in the afternoon, using the evening intuitively.

 Twitter Followers = 1,638 (up 5)
    Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
    Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
After an unsettling weekend and a busy Monday, things are now settling into something more like a routine. I have my new business initiative to set up, but I would be doing something regarding my Practice anyway.

A major issue in the family right now is the ongoing fallout between Son and Daughter. I have learned from my parents about how not to deal with fraternal disputes, so relying on my intuition, I continue to make measured interventions. There are no guarantees in relationships of course - I may utterly fail, but if so I will be able to say that I did my best.

What I do love is the fact that I'm fulfilling my chosen purpose - to make a positive difference. Some people are better because I'm here doing my thing my way. I am most grateful indeed to be so convinced of my role and have the opportunity to fulfil it. After spending much of my life having no idea what I was doing, I'm doubly thankful.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Can you live with yourself if you do nothing to help?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day.
Snow showers, some heavy, in the evening and overnight.
Wind will be westerly and light at first, will gradually strengthen.
Max Temp = 3 degC
Min Temp = -2 degC
Sunrise at 06:13
Sunset at 18:18

6. TODAY'S ONELINERS
A salesman told me the product I would pay for itself in six months time, so I'm going to buy then - I'm not stupid!  : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Sayrie on learning Spanish

8. TRIVIA
Some children and pregnant women crave non-nutritive substances, such as paint, plaster, rocks, and dirt. These cravings suggest that the person lacks certain minerals, such as iron.
 
9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed, but with what is still possible for you to do." - Pope John XXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment