Saturday 16 March 2013

SATURDAY 16th MARCH 2013 07:10 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (16th March 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 3rd Shock Army pushes German 16th Army out of Kholm.
German 4th Panzer Army and II SS Panzer Korps push east from Kharkov.

In the Mediterranean...
British vessel SS Hadleigh sunk by U-77
Greek vessel Fiamenta sunk by Free Greek submarine Papanikolis


In Tunisia...
British 8th Army attack Axis outposts on the Mareth Line

In the Atlantic...
US vessel Benjamin Harrison sunk by U-172
Norwegian vessel Elin K. sunk by U-603

In Washington DC...
Roosevelt receives a letter from Stalin complaining about the failure to launch a Second Front.

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Hyuga Maru sunk by USN submarine Flying Fish
IJN submarine RO-103 sunk by USN submarine S-32
Four USN destroyers bombard Vila on Kolombangara Island.

In Burma...
In the Arakan, Japanese forces attacking toward Htizwe east of the Mayu River.

Today's Air Raids...
Paderborn, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France Fighter patrols by US 8th Air Force
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Catania, Sicily by USAAF, sinking Italian torpedo boat Medici
Kiska Island by US 11th Air Force
Kolombangara Island and Bougainville Island by US 13th Air Force 
Lae and other military targets, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
Lao Kay, Indochina by US 14th Air Force
Burma military targets by US 10th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and me time before taking cat to vets for euthanasia, then shift 2 of the weekend job. Footie on TV in the late evening.

  Twitter Followers = 1,631 (no change)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The event dominating today is the decision to have the cat put down due to an incurable growth behind its' eye. We have not had longevity out of any of the four cats we have owned, this one passing at 10 years old. To be honest, my main concern is minimizing cost! For the sake of Missus and Son, I would have paid for treatment that would fix the cat, but it is not fixable.

So far in my life, I have been emotionally completely unmoved by deaths around me. I suspect that only the deaths of Son or Missus would move me at all. I'm not sure why this is, as other things like crime, injustice and abuse affect me quite a lot. Since I can't help what I feel, I simply accept this aspect of myself and be sensitive to those around me who do not share my indifference. 

This is perhaps the dark side of my insight - when your awareness rises above your ego, and you see yourself as the eternal universe, there is no end as such, only change. Consequently when your being encompasses everything, the passing of lives is just an example of change. Nothing really "matters". There is just consciousness experiencing itself. Knowing this enables me, when fully conscious, to just observe the whole thing with a peaceful detatched fascination.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What does "me" really mean?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy all day.
Light showers in the evening and overnight.
Wind will be light and southwesterly
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 2 degC
Sunrise at 06:20
Sunset at 18:12

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
One day I let my mind wander, and it never came back! : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Paul Chowdhry Live At The Apollo

8. TRIVIA

China is often considered the longest continuous civilization, with some historians marking 6000 B.C. as the dawn of Chinese civilization. It also has the world’s longest continuously used written language.
 
9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Meditation means learning how to get out of this current, sit by its bank and listen to it, learn from it, and then use its energies to guide us." - Jon Kabat Zin

No comments:

Post a Comment