Sunday 10 March 2013

MONDAY 11th MARCH 2013 06:17 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (11th March 1943)
On the Russian Front...
German II SS Panzer Korps attack Kharkov

In the Ukraine...
Field-Marshal Erwin Rommel begins three days of discussions with Hitler at his forward headquarters near Vinnitsa

In the Mediterranean...
RN submarine HMS Turbulent vanishes presumed sunk, cause unknown.

In Tunisia...
The New Zealand Corps is created under the command of General Bernard Freyburg.
German battle groups attack the British 1st Army around Tamera

In the Atlantic...
The Allies lose four freighters and a destroyer to U-Boats, but two U-Boats are also sunk.

In Washington DC
Lend-Lease is extended for two further years.

In the Pacific...
USN submarine Triton vanishes, presumed sunk, cause unknown

In the Indian Ocean...
British vessel Aelybryn sunk by U-160

Today's Air Raids...
Stuttgart, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
Northern France Allied fighter patrols
North Sea minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Hastings and Newcastle, England by the Luftwaffe
Guadagasal, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Dobodura, New Guinea by Japanese aircraft
Cape Gloucester, New Britain by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Housework in the morning. Meditation then client prep in the afternoon. Client session then missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,626 (no change)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Fear can be a useful primal emotion in genuinely dangerous situations - it makes you alert, sends energy to your muscles, promotes blood-clotting in case of injury and raises the pain threshold, but in every other situation, fear is the root of all evil. It can on one hand cause us to unnecessarily hurt people and on the other it can paralyse us, preventing us from taking the risks necessary to take our lives forward.

My increasing enlightenment has caused me to shed fear and thus be liberated from its tyranny. This has led me to cast off the shackles of "duty" to those undeserving and given me a highly cynical, aggressive and confrontational attitude to those who are in any kind of authority. I consider this a good thing, and I have got treated a lot better as a result.

It has also caused me to throw out the whole concept of doing what I should and instead I do what I can. I have abandoned security as a priority, embraced uncertainty and risk and focused on my objectives, dealing with obstacles and setbacks as and when they arise.

I do of course still experience the emotion of fear, but when it arises, it doesn't stop me doing stuff - I feel fear and do it anyway. The consequence has been to enter a "Golden Age" of happiness that I am enjoying immensely.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is fear in charge of your life?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and sunny but bitterly cold.
Snow flurries throughout the evening.
Dry and increasingly clear overnight.
A raw and strong northwesterly wind will gradually ease overnight.
Max Temp = -2 degC
Min Temp = -5 degC
Sunrise at 06:32
Sunset at 18:03

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
My flatmate said she was leaving due to my obsession with 60s group The Monkees. I thought she was joking .... and then I saw her face, and now I'm a believer. : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Not The Nine O'Clock News - Gob On You

8. TRIVIA
Over 1 million sea-birds are killed by plastic waste every year.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Dynamic choices made in the physical, the daring to follow the path set by the heart, are the only prerequisites to ultimate success." - Mentor, Agartha



No comments:

Post a Comment