Thursday 28 March 2013

THURSDAY 28th MARCH 2013 07:33 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (28th March 1943)
In the North Sea...
A Kriegsmarine S-Boat attack on a British convoy is beaten off, with 1 S-Boat damaged beyond repair.

In the Mediterranean...
U-77 is sunk by RAF aircraft
Egyptian vessel Roushdy sunk by U-81
French vessel Lillois sunk by RN submarine HMS Torbay
Greek vessel Archangelos sunk by RN submarine HMS Parthian


In Tunisia...
Axis forces withdrawing from Mareth Line regroup on a new line along Wadi Akarit.
US II Corps attack toward Gabes.
British 5th Corps attack around Medjez el Bab

In the Atlantic...
Three Allied freighters are lost to Axis submarines

In Washington DC...
At conclusion of Pacific Military Conference, General Marshall and Joint Chiefs of Staff issue strategic directive for operations in the Pacific.

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Suwa Maru heavily damaged by USN submarine Tunny and beached off Wake Island

In Burma...
In the Arakan, the Indian 47th Infantry Brigade unsuccessfully the Japanese Tanahashi Column around Atet Nanra.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France Allied fighter patrols
Rouen, France by US 8th Air Force
St. Nazaire, France by RAF Bomber Command
Sfax and Sousse, Tunisia by USAAF
New Guinea military targets by US 5th Air Force
Oro Bay, New Guinea by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging first thing. Shopping then me time and meditation before missus time in the evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,643 (no change)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
While Daughter is as unapproachable as ever, my relationship with Son grows deeper and stronger every day. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him sing at his College formal assessment and going for a couple of pints with him afterwards. Concerning nuclear family, it's a case of two out of three aint bad. I have done everything I can to make things right, and so with peace of mind I can settle for how it is.

My learning has taught me that darkness and light are closely interwoven and mutually dependent, simply the same thing differing only in polarity and degree. Which form fluorishes in your life is dependent on that which you focus. There will always be darkness in life to focus on, cultivate and strengthen if you choose to do that. The same is equally true of light.

My personal morality is no longer built on either - they are both simply energy sources to me. However, since my chosen purpose is to make a positive difference, inevitably there is more light than darkness, but I have no problem whatsoever in wielding dark energy in self-defence.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
For what are you prepared to fight?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Snow flurries throughout the morning.
Skies will be clearer from the afternoon with occasional sunny/clear spells.
Wind will be a moderate but cold and north-easterly, easing overnight.
Max Temp = 2 degC
Min Temp = -2 degC
Sunrise at 05:51
Sunset at 08:35

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
On the 90th day of Christmas, my true love said to me: "You take Christmas too seriously" : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Keith Nelson talks about turning 50

8. TRIVIA
Dogs with big, square heads and large ears (like the Saint Bernard) have the best hearing.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions but in the fewness of my wants." - J. Brotherton
 




No comments:

Post a Comment