Monday 1 July 2013

MONDAY 1st JULY 2013 08:23 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (1st July 1943)
In Albania...
Partisans conduct large-scale attacks in the south for three days, claiming 500 Italian troops killed

In Rome...
Marshal Antonescu of Romania meets with Mussolini, and proposes that Romania, Italy, and Hungary should leave the war together

In the Atlantic...
Brazilian vessel Tutoia sunk by U-513

In the Pacific...
US 43rd Infantry Division consolidates its' beachhead on Rendova Island
US submarine Gar lands commandos on Timor Island
Japanese vessel Yoneyama Maru sunk by USN submarine Thresher
IJN destroyer Hokaze damaged by USN submarine Thresher and subsequently beached

In New Guinea...
Japanese reinforcements arrive at Salamaua
US MacKechnie Force consolidates positions along the Bitoi River at Nassau Bay


Today's Air Raids...
Netherlands Fighter patrols by the RAF
Northern France Fighter patrols by the RAF and US 8th Air Force
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Kela Point and Logui, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain by USAAF

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Bath
Housework
Son Time
Meditation
Online Marketing
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,670 (down 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@pink80sgirl

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Down To Earth...With Son having effectively finished his academic year and Missus off with a virus, I won't be enjoying the house to myself again until September! However, I do still effectively get the mornings to myself as neither of them "do mornings" if they don't have to. This gives me ample time for blogging and housework.


I am looking forward to more quality time with Son, as we are good friends, an extremely rare occurrence between a father and a 17-year old son. I am continually bemused and morbidly fascinated as to why I am so close to my Son who is generous, insightful, friendly and open to ideas, and estranged from a daughter who is utterly self-absorbed, vindictive, unapolagetic and greedy. I am after all the same person who brought them up in the same way. They both have focus, drive and determination, which are the keys to material success. However, whereas Daughter has a high intellect, Son, though less academic, has a wisdom and insight way beyond his years

Daughter, despite our estrangement, is always keen for me to know via her mother of her achievements. Of these I am proud, but to win my approval she will have to something that's very easily physically but currently beyond her emotionally - say sorry.

Spiritual
Yesterday's meditation turned into a nightmare - literally! But on reflection it was also fascinating. I have a lifelong Anaesthesia Fetish which I don't actively indulge, but sublimate in meditation. As a meditation aid I use the sounds of a ventilator and heart monitor. Yesterday, From the trance state of meditation I went deeper into dream-state. I had a dream in which I did the same thing, but in this alternate reality I was an American female in living in a large stately home. In the dream, waking with difficulty from meditation, taking a particularly long time to open my eyes, the beeping of the heart monitor was still going on in my head.

I began to panic and frantically tore out every wire in my bedroom, trying to make the beeping stop. My dream sister came into the room and said "hey, I like your normal meditatIon person, but I don't like this person!" I fled the room down the elegant hallway stairs, the beeping in my head still loud. My next memory was being in the grounds of a university campus on a sunny day - I had apparently come to accept the continual beeping in my head - I was discussing it with someone, then I awoke! I simply took off my headphones and turned off the CD player. The beeping stopped of course, but much to my relief!

What's fascinating is how vivid and real this dream seemed. The reason I couldn't turn off the beeping was because the beeping was real but I wasn't in the correct "reality" where I could turn it off.

The natural reaction of my mind, having had such a vivid experience, is to search for a meaning to attach to it. Of course, there may not be one, but what I can learn from it is how easily the perception is fooled into believing that the conclusions it draws are reality. The truth is that we can never see reality with our minds, only the map drawn by our minds, which we assume is reality.

To understand true reality, you must first accept that you are experiencing an illusion created by your own mind.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What if your own mind is lying to you?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Frequent showers, though with sunny intervals, will eventually clear by evening, and it will be dry and sunny thereafter.
Dry and clear overnight
A consistent moderate westerly wind will ease and die out after dark,
Max Temp = 14 degC
Min Temp = 11 degC
Sunrise at 04:40
Sunset at 21:41

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
An Emo having a massage asked for an unhappy ending : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Louis C.K. on "Simpler Times" Gets better as it goes on!

8. TRIVIA
Childhood dreams are shorter than adult dreams and nearly 40% of them are nightmares.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Words are frequently underestimated - they have the power to change lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment