Sunday 21 July 2013

MONDAY 22nd JULY 2013 07:57 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (22nd July 1943)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet Leningrad Front and Volkhov Front open an offensive against German Army Group North
in the Orel sector, Soviet 61st Army captures Bolkhov and Soviet 3rd Army captures Mtsensk 

In the Black Sea...
Turkish vessels Hudayi Bahri and Tayyari sunk by Soviet submarine L-4

In Sicily...
2nd Armored Division of US 7th Army captures Palermo

In the Mediterranean...
Italian minelayer Durazzo sunk by RN submarine HMS Safari

In the Atlantic...
U-527 sunk by USN aircraft
U-598 sunk by USN aircraft off Brazil

In the Pacific...
IJN seaplane carrier Nisshin sunk by US aircraft off Buin on Bougainville Island
In the Indian Ocean...
Norwegian vessel Alcides sunk by IJN submarine I-10

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France RAF Fighter patrols
Foggia, Battipaglia, and Salerno, Italy by USAAF
Kiska Island and Little Kiska Island by USAAF
Salamaua and Komiatum, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Gasmata, New Britain by RAAF aircraft
Surabaya, Java by US 5th Air Force
Selaroe Island by US 5th Air Force

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Bath
Housework
Son Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,670 (no change)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
Unfollowers eliminated = 1

@Julien69680

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
A discipline I have learned from Zen Buddhism is to to say this prayer daily: Thank you universe, I have no complaints whatsoever. Another is to ask myself the question right here right now, are you alright? You may notice how the latter naturally leads to the former. Since I've pursued these disciplines, they have kept manifesting in reality!

My abundance is always very "hand-to-mouth" - it's a daily-renewed experience, so requires daily discipline to maintain it. I have fully embraced uncertainty, utterly rejected the pursuit of security (because I don't believe it exists) and lived in the moment. Past hurts have proved tougher than the future to let go of, but they do serve the purpose making me appreciate the present.
With 2 weeks off the Weekend Job, and Missus finishing this week for 6 weeks, the emphasis is firmly on family life.

My relationship with the two other people I live with can only be described as superlative! I am rather fond of being loved, and I'm currently "riding the wave", soaking up every glorious minute! I know that nothing in life can be held on to or truly possessed. Everything, even apparently solid objects, are simply experiences passing through you. Every good experience I have I no longer grasp at or try to hold - I simply let it thunder through me and devote all my attention to feeling it!

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you truly experiencing life or absorbed with what isn't currently here?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
A cool and overcast start
Cloud will gradually thin out over the morning and disappear in the afternoon.
It will be dry, warm and sunny thereafter until dusk.
Dry and fairly warm with patchy cloud overnight
A light generally easterly breeze will blow throughout
Max Temp = 24 degC
Min Temp = 13 degC
Sunrise at 05:05
Sunset at 21:21

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
If IKEA ran schools, the standards would be high, costs would be low but assembly would take forever : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Louis CK on why older people shouldn't smoke pot

8. TRIVIA
Eighty percent of Haitians live under the poverty line and 54% live in abject poverty. The average per capita income in Haiti is $480 a year, compared to $33,550 in the United States.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Though it is often impossible to appreciate at the time it's happening, the “mud” of our suffering often provides the solid bricks from which we can erect a fortress of happiness within.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment