Sunday 15 February 2015

SUNDAY 15th FEBRUARY 2015 08:33 GMT

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (15th February
1945)
On the Russian Front...

Soviet 2nd Baltic Front makes new attacks against German Army Group Courland
Soviet 2nd Byelorussian Front attacks the isolated German 4th Army in East Prussia
German 11th SS Panzer Army makes probing attacks against Soviet 1st Byelorussian Front around Stargard 
Soviet 1st Ukrainian Front continues pushing to the Neisse River and assaulting Breslau

Germany...
The Nazi Government proclaims martial law and summary execution for anyone interfering with the war effort

On the Western Front...
Canadian 1st Army attacks around Huisberden, Calcar, Goch, Asperberg, and Asperden 
US 7th Army attacks around Buschenbusch woods, Rimling, and Bois de Blies-Brucken

English Channel...
Dutch vessel Liseta is written off by a Kriegsmarine two-man Seehund submarine 

Egypt...
Roosevelt and Churchill briefly consult before the American presidential entourage departs for Algiers

In the Pacific...
Nimitz and General Holland Smith meet Secretary of the Navy Forrestal on Saipan

On Luzon, US 6th Army continues assaulting Manila and mops up Zigzag pass
USN Task Group 78.3 lands 151st Infantry Regiment of US 38th Infantry Division near Mariveles on the southern tip of the Bataan peninsula
US 151st Infantry Regiment and elements of 34th Infantry Regiment, coming ashore near Mariveles harbour and capture the town and the airfield 

Tokyo...
Emperor Hirohito is warned that Mosocw will probably end the Soviet-Japanese Neutrality Pact 

Burma...
Japanese forces with air support continue attacks against the British 14th Army bridgehead across Irrawaddy River opposite Myinmu west of Mandalay 
British 14th Army enlarging bridgehead across Irrawaddy River around Nyaungu

Today's Air Raids...
Antwerp, Belgium by four V-2 rockets
Dresden, Magdeburg, Cottbus, Rheine and targets of opportunity in Germany by US 8th Air Force
Vienna, Graz, Klagenfurt, Wiener-Neustadt, and military targets in Austria by US 15th Air Force 
London by six V-2 rockets
North Sea minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Po Valley, Fiume and Trieste, Italy by US 12th Air Force - Italian battleship Conte di Cavour, laid up at Trieste, is sunk
Formosa, Iwo Jima, Chichi Jima, Corregidor Island and Caballo Island by US FEAF
Japan on offshore shipping by carrier-based aircraft from USN Task Force 58 - two guardboats are sunk
Nagoya, Hamamatsu, and military targets in Japan by US 20th Air Force
China on rail targets around Saiping, Hankow, Sinantien, Hsuchang, Loyang by US 14th Air Force 

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
The Milk Run
Valentine's Sunday Roast
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,870 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated =0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0

New Followers followed back = 0 

Spammers not followed back = 0
        
3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION 

I shall remember this weekend as the one of significant brain-malfunction - none in ways that did serious damage but enough to cause me concern. For example Missus WASN'T seeing Daughter this weekend but on the forthcoming Tuesday, although I had convinced myself she was. I also purchased a bus pass when I already had one, and suffered a particularly low mood on Saturday for absolutely no circumstantial reason.


In a desperate bid to raise my mood before I caused any grief, I broke my processed-sugar embargo and subsequently experienced a sugar-rush that felt like I normally do when I'm hungry. 

My only consolation in a weekend where both the hardware of my brain and the software of my mind seemed to go haywire was that throughout I was conscious of it. Beneath this chaos was a quiet awareness observing it. 

The conclusion I have drawn from this is that for me there is absolutely no other option but the path of Higher Consciousness. This character's mind is just too malfunctional to get lost in - it will only turn into a nightmare experience. 

To maintain Higher Consciousness there are things I must do I recently haven't done enough of - sleep and meditation! I have used an upsurge in clients as an excuse but the reality is I can't live an ego-driven and enlightened life at the same time. With my character's brain not really up to the job, the choice is a no-brainer! I will get more out of the final third of this life-experience from the perspective of Higher Consciousness. 

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you totally honest with yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Morning fog will lift to low cloud by late morning
Dry, cool and cloudy throughout, with a light south-easterly wind turning southerly in the late evening
Max Temp = 6 degC at 4pm
Min Temp = 4 degC at 9am
Sunrise at 07:27
Sunset at 17:16

Weathertrack: Britain is in a col between weather systems
Air Pressure: 1014 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
When someone says, "My husband left me for a younger woman," I know it's just an old wive's tale. :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mickey Flanagan on Americans 

8. TRIVIA
Japan’s 9.0 earthquake in 2011 not only moved the island closer to the United States, it also shifted the planet’s axis by 6.5 inches. 

9. ZEN WISDOM
Each person possesses a precious inner treasure of infinite worth. To remain unaware of this and stumble about in spiritual poverty is a tragic waste. In contrast, a person fully awakened to the jewel-like dignity of their own life is capable of truly respecting that treasure in others.         

No comments:

Post a Comment