Thursday 3 September 2015

FRIDAY 4th SEPTEMBER 2015 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

4th September 476
END OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE
Gothic leader Odoacer captured Ravenna, the Roman capital since 402, and deposed the last Roman emperor, Romulus Augustus. Proclaiming himself king of Italy rather than emperor, the Roman Empire ceased to exist. However, the Eastern Roman Empire, aka the Byzantine Empire, with its capital at Constantinople (Istanbul) remained intact until 1453.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Meditation
Ironing
Shift 1 of the Weekend Job
TV Comedy Night

Twitter Followers = 2,000 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 1
@EmmaTeamLYD
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
"Going out anniversary" was a complete success! Though it meant dashing about between town, Missus and clients, both clients and Missus got my best! 

Blisters, though not fully healed, are considerably improved, but I can't wait for them to heal entirely before I start walking again, so I will heavily pad them and see how they stand up to today's hike to work.

My main focus is MIND, both controlling my own and practising my influential skills. I'm fully aware of not having a lot of crowd-pulling charisma, and I don't actually want that, but I do want to have strong one-to-one skills. As much as I wish to be rid of the Weekend Job, while I'm doing it, it is an ideal opportunity both for exercise and to see how much influence I can wield in many short encounters. 

I am however unlikely to turn into some all-powerful master-controller because I have too many "raw nerves", so much of my calming skills have to be diverted into calming ME.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you pursuing that for which you have a true passion?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy throughout
A cool moderate north-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 11 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 9 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:20
Sunset at 19:51
Moon: 
 
WeathertrackA depression centred over the North Sea will drive cool wet weather from the far north across Britain today
Air Pressure: 1014 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
It's "Bring Your Babies To Work Day" and all of my cats are fighting in the canteen :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Approximately 2,300 Americans are reported missing—every day. This includes both children and adults. This does not include Americans who have vanished in other countries, individuals who disappear and are never reported, or the homeless and their children

9. ZEN WISDOM
Everything passes. Both soaring joys and crushing sorrows fade away like a dream. However, the knowledge of having lived one’s life to the fullest never disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment