Sunday 13 September 2015

SUNDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2015 08:16 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

13th September 1985
SUPER MARIO BROS.
The first version of one of the world's most successful video game franchises of all time was released for the Nintendo console in Japan 

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging 
The Milk Run
Ironing
Lunch
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,007 (up 2)
Non-followed eliminated = 0
-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 1
untraced
Spammers not followed back = 1
@Rebecca71926

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was well-pleased with my progress at the Weekend Job yesterday! Mental fatigue tends to weaken my resolve and concentration, which can send my mind into all manner of dark places. As my mind grew more "wobbly" I used the "In The Zone" technique I normally teach to my athlete clients and found that it was excellent at keeping my mind on a leash, so that it never wandered far. When anger responses were triggered, recovery was very rapid and no harm was done. 

In a flash of revelation, I realized that this technique can be applied to my traumatized and anxious clients! I will certainly be doing so. In addition, this technique is best applied 24-7, not just in hostile circumstances - I have learned the hard way how I can be "tripped up" in benign circumstances by triggers out of nowhere, like stuff suddenly not working or falling from shelves and the quirks of others.

I am aware of another form of tripping up also - pleasant distractions! Stuff I enjoy but conflicts with or undermines my chosen purpose. Being permanently "In The Zone" will also help protect me from this kind of seduction.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you lost in life or definitely going somewhere?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Bright sunny start
Skies will become increasingly cloudy but it will remain mild and dry
Wind will be light and south-easterly, swinging north-easterly in the late evening
Max Temp = 15 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 8 degC at 8am
Sunrise at 06:36
Sunset at 19:29
Moon: New Moon

Weathertrack: Britain is in a run of dry southerly air between depressions
Air Pressure: 1007 millibars and falling

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Have you ever wanted to take a chainsaw to your family tree? :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Jim Jeffries on Women's Days

8. TRIVIA
The Indian flag has three horizontal bands of color: saffron for courage and sacrifice, white for truth and peace, and green for faith, fertility, and chivalry. An emblem of a wheel spinning used to be in the center of the white band, but when India gained independence, a Buddhist dharma chakra, or wheel of life, replaced the spinning wheel.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Patience and persistence are, in and of themselves, a great challenge and it often hold the key to breaking through obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment