Sunday 6 September 2015

MONDAY 7th SEPTEMBER 2015 06:29 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

7th September 1571
THE "RIDOLFI PLOT" IS FOILED
Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, was arrested for his involvement in a plan to overthrow Queen Elizabeth I and replace her with Mary, Queen of Scots. The Duke was later executed. Italian banker Roberto Di Ridolfi, who financed the plot, was safely in Paris at the time and was never caught. He ultimately returned to Florence, where he served as a senator.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Housework, including lots of laundry!
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,003 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 1

@idoser
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 1
@Billi3Johnstn
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have been somewhat distracted of late by trivial online amusements, but they have now kinda run their course, freeing my mind to refocus on self-development, although today will be largely devoted to clearing a housework backlog! To be fair to myself, I haven't had an uninterrupted Monday since July. Though Son still has another 2.5 weeks, he has a lot of his own stuff to do and I don't expect him to slow me down.

I am delighted and a little excited at the progress I'm making in mind-emptying - in calm and distraction-free conditions, I can do this at will! I now want to take every opportunity to strengthen my mind in the "good times" so it will be ready for any storms that may come and also to keep my neurosis well-managed.

I am now frequently visualizing my ultimate spiritual goal - to be entirely intuitively driven, and for consciousness to disentangle entirely from this character. In some sense,  I am already no longer fully "human" - consciousness is above humanity, looking down on it. But I have no regrets that I can't go back or unlearn what I know - but my character was not having such a great time anyway and is now doing much better and making much more difference being "remotely observed" 

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you curious, or willfully ignorant?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy throughout with a generally north-easterly breeze
Max Temp = 14 degC at 2pm
Min Temp = 9 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:25
Sunset at 19:44
Moon: 

Weathertrack: An anticyclone over Ireland will keep Britain mild and dry
Air Pressure: 1030 millibars and rising slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Before I go to sleep at night, I wish my brain would ask me "Do you want to save the changes"? :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
A person sheds about 1.5 million skin flakes an hour, most of which becomes embedded in our carpets. 

9. ZEN WISDOM
The course of our lives is determined by how we react to adversity. The nature of that response determines a person’s true worth and greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment