Wednesday 9 September 2015

THURSDAY 10th SEPTEMBER 2015 07:27 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

10th September 2000
OPERATION BARRAS
Soldiers from the SAS and 1st Parachute Regiment successfully liberate five British soldiers from the Royal Irish Regiment held captive by notorious militia the "West Side Boys" during the Sierra Leone Civil War. One British soldier, Lance Bombadier Bruce Tinnion was killed and twelve others wounded. Approximately 25 West Side Boys were killed and 18 were captured, including the leader, Foday Kallay. 

The raid effectively destroyed the West Side Boys as a fighting force and weakened the chief Government opponents, the Revolutionary United Front. The civil war continued for another 1.5 years before a peace treaty was signed in January 2002.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Ironing
Lawnmowing
Meditation
Client prep, session and follow-up
Quality Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,004 (no change)
Non-followed eliminated = 0
-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 0
-
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Sleep debt starting demanding payment around 20:15 last night so I caved in, but to my surprise I was up again, reasonably brightly, at 04:15 and reasonably sprightly. Seven hours of shutdown appears to have been sufficient. 

With trivial distractions finally out of my system (I think!) I can get more stuff done, though I've no regrets as I enjoyed myself immensely. I reject utterly the "work ethic" in favour of the "difference ethic" - it's not how hard you work, but the difference you make, to yourself, others and the environment. 

I continue to exhibit strong mindfulness, including when around all others. As blissful as home life is, I'm still a little internally sore after Monday's tiff, which is no bad thing - I know my continued wellbeing depends on my focus staying sharp and in the right place.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you pursuing your passion?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry throughout with sunny periods, and prolonged clear periods after dusk.
A moderate south-easterly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 18 degC at 4pm
Min Temp = 11 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:31
Sunset at 19:36
Moon: 

Weathertrack: A large anticyclone centred off Norway will keep Britain mild and dry today
Air Pressure: 1024 millibars and falling slightly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I don't go to the gym because I believe that things will always work themselves out     : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Explorer Roy Chapman Andrews found the first dinosaur nest known to science in 1923 in the Gobi Desert of Mongolia. Before he found the nest, scientists were unsure how dinosaur babies were born.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Make your goal to be to surpass your current limits. Those who can do this are the true victors in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment