Saturday 5 September 2015

SUNDAY 6th SEPTEMBER 2015 06:50 BST

Read my book - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

Also available - EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK
 

WISDOM, HUMOUR, AND LOTS OF OTHER INTERESTING STUFF CAN BE FOUND ON MY PINTEREST PAGE and FACEBOOK PAGE
TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

6th September 1781
THE BATTLE OF GROTON HEIGHTS
In the War of American Independence, a British force led by Benedict Arnold, an American defector, raided New London, Conneticut, burning it to the ground, and stormed Fort Griswold - due to a misunderstanding regarding surrender, the American defenders were massacred. Though carried out successfully, the raid failed in its prime objective of diverting American forces besieging Yorktown, which fell to the Americans soon after.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
The Milk Run
Ironing
Lunch 
Meditation
Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 2,003 (up 1)
Non-followed eliminated = 0

-
Unfollowers eliminated = 0
-
New Followers followed back = 1
@hatsroni
Spammers not followed back = 0
-

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I am making significant progress in mindfulness, as I've finally hit on visualizations that have "stuck". However, for this character it will always be hard work - my attention easily wanders into bad memories and dark scenarios, and my mind has a lifelong inclination to overreact. Of course, it's these very weaknesses that have driven my pursuit of mindfulness to such an advanced level - out of necessity! 

There has been a payoff - peace of mind, the greatest prize that this life experience can offer! Most of the time, my sensitivities are not being prodded, giving me ample time to practise all my necessary mental disciplines, which make me more robust and able to enjoy the bliss that's generally my reality. In previous times, before my mindfulness was so strongly developed, I'd wander into dark thought completely unprovoked.

So then, onwards and upwards! With such an oversensitive mind, there is no room for complacency - I need to maximize every opportunity to strengthen my mindfulness skills and keep focus on a very tight leash, enabling my direction to be intuitively led and so make the maximum possible difference.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What action do you take to promote your own mental health?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, sunny and mild during the day - cloudy in the evening and overnight
A moderate north-westerly will blow throughout
Max Temp = 16 degC at 3pm
Min Temp = 7 degC at 7am
Sunrise at 06:24
Sunset at 19:46
Moon: 

Weathertrack: An anticyclone approaching from the Atlantic will keep Britain dry and mild
Air Pressure: 1028 millibars and static

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I was a member of the Nutrition Society, but I got fed up :D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

8. TRIVIA
Ancient Egyptians kept such good flood records on the Nile that scientists today use their data to better understand rainfall patterns.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Trust is difficult to earn and it is easily lost—the trust built over a decade can be shattered in an instant by one offhanded remark or deed. A person who is not swayed from their chosen path, even during the most trying times, will ultimately find that he or she is trusted by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment