Friday 14 December 2012

FRIDAY 14th DECEMBER 2012 08:39 GMT

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (14th December 1942)
On the Russian Front... Soviet 3rd Shock Army attacking Velikiye Luki
Soviet 5th Tank Army and 5th Shock Army attacking German XLVIII Panzer Korps on the Chir River
Luftwaffe aircraft transport approximately 75 tons of supplies to German 6th Army in Stalingrad pocket


In London... It is agreed to hand over the administration of Madagascar to Free French General Legentilhomme

In the Mediterranean... British vessel Edencrag sunk by U-443
Italian vessel Delfin sunk by RN submarine HMS Taku
Italian vessel Honestas sunk by RN submarine HMS Sahib

Italian vessel Castelverde sunk by RN submarine HMS Unruffled

In the Atlantic... British vessel Orfor sunk by U-105
Swedish vessel Etna sunk by U217


In New Guinea... Urbana Force enters Buna village, but Japanese defenders continue to strongly hold the government station.
Japanese I/170th Battalion lands west of Gona at Mambare River near Cape Ward.

Off Japan... USN submarine Sunfish begins four days of minelaying operations along the Japanese coast.

In the Indian Ocean... Dutch vessel Sawahloento sunk by U-177.

Today's Air Raids...
Northern France on military targets by RAF Fighter Command
North Sea minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Tunis/Bizerte/Sfax, Tunisa by US 12th Air Force
Buin, Bougainville Island by US Cactus Air Force
US 5th Air Force and RAAF aircraft attack Japanese reinforcements landing at Mambare River
US 5th Air Force and RAAF aircraft attack Lae, New Guinea
Gasmata Airfield, New Britain by US 5th Air Force
RAF aircraft attack multiple villages in Burma.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing and some me-time in the morning before shift 1 of the Weekend Job. missus time/comedy night on TV in the later evening.

 Twitter Followers = 1,601 (no change)
  Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
  Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have a lifelong experience of coexisting with unreasonable people and their quirks and issues, and having to work in unreasonable environments. This has not left me undamaged, but I have been fortunate enough to reach the point of self-realization, where I no longer measure my worth by the reactions and opinions of others or the standards of the surrounding culture.

I am doubly blessed to now be in a position where most of the time I am in an environment that is loving, which is bliss. I do however still have to go into unreasonable hostile environments and interact with people who have distorted and selfish agendas.

For much of my life, I responded with submissive fear to such environments. These days I'm more like a dark Rambo. I no longer back down from a confrontation, and unlike many of my spiritually-orientated peers, I have no problem whatever with unleashing my Dark Side - anger, contempt, hatred and vindictiveness. To be honest I thoroughly enjoy the power-rush and seeing others back off in fear.

My Yin-Yang philosophy holds that there is a balance of energies, positive and negative, and there will be no ultimate victory for either. It is as both that the universe experiences itself, and as a microcosm of that experience, I similarly experience darkness and light within myself, and I happily wield both, which one depending on the situation. I enjoy making a difference with my wisdom and abilities, and I enjoy seeing others back away from my hate. There is no internal conflict, simply coexistence.

I do have a general flexible code of conduct - to the neutral and friendly, I shine light, compassion and wisdom, combined with the humility to learn from others. To the hostile, aggressive and unreasonable, I unhesitatingly unleash hate. This mixed approach has served me well in recent times, and I therefore intend to persevere with it.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you prepared to defend yourself?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Freezing fog in the early morning, with black ice making it dangerous underfoot.
Rain will move in mid-morning and persist all day, evening and overnight.
Wind will be strong and south-easterly, veering south-westerly in the evening.
Max Temp = 6 degC
Min Temp = 0 degC
Sunrise at 08:18
Sunset at 15:45
Jetstream: Over parts of Britain and westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Dear Santa, For 2012, I'd like a fat bank account and a slim body. And please don't mix up the two like you did last year : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Unlikely Things to Hear on a Property Show - Mock the Week - Series 11 Episode 9 This link definitely works today!

8. TRIVIA
Each kidney contains 1 million individual filters. They filter an average of around 1.3 liters (2.2 pints) of blood per minute, and expel up to 1.4 liters (2.5 pints) a day of urine.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other." - The Dalai Lama






No comments:

Post a Comment