Thursday 13 March 2014

FRIDAY 14th MARCH 2014 05:48 GMT

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE NOW!! - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (14th March 1944)
On the Russian Front...
The Soviet offensive in Ukraine continues to make rapid progress - XXIX Korps of German 6th Army is trapped and destroyed near Nikolaev

In Germany...
Rocket scientist Wernher von Braun is arrested for allegedly delaying development of the V-2 rocket, defeatist talk and Communist sympathies, though he is not informed of the charges against him.  

In the English Channel...
RN MTBs sortie overnight and attack Kriegsmarine minesweepers - in a fierce exchange, two minesweepers and one MTB is sunk.

In New Guinea...
Japanese 18th Army transferred from 8th Area Army (HQ at Rabaul on New Britain) to 2nd Area Army (HQ at Davao on Mindanao in the Philippines)

Today's Air Raids...
Dusseldorf by RAF Bomber Command
London by the Luftwaffe
Wotje Atoll and Kusaie Island by US 7th Air Force
Wewak, Madang and Alexishafen, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Hengyang and Suichwan airfields, China by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Meditation/Me Time
Garden tidying
Shift 1 of the Weekend Job
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,719 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 1
@readandlook
New followers = 2
@NoraFarr, @PAGATIM

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I think I have FINALLY got the video animation obsession out of my system for a bit! It has consumed a week without much to show for it, but I have learned a lot. At some point I will download GIMP (a free equivalent of Photoshop) and refine my techniques, but it isn't a priority!

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to indulge myself this way and get away with it, and I have no qualms about doing so. I reject utterly the "work ethic" and prefer to enjoy life doing what I enjoy doing while I am still able to. I'm one of those that after a lifetime of not fitting in is now happy to be different, and to rid myself of negative relationships and things in general that I don't want in it.

I am not entirely opposed to structure and discipline, but they must serve me rather than make me unhappy. I have no doubt that the most important discipline is focus upon your purposes and objectives - on what you want rather than on what you DON'T want! The discipline has served me well and I will continue to pursue it, develop it and teach it.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you living the life that you want to live?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Foggy start
Apart from a brief window of sunshine late morning, it will be cloudy but dry throughout.
Light winds in the morning will pick up to a moderate westerly in the afternoon
Max Temp = 8 degC
Min Temp = 4 degC
Sunrise at 06:25
Sunset at 18:08

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Bad decisions come back to haunt us, mainly because of what we've posted on YouTube  : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  
Mock The Week - Chilean Miners

8. TRIVIA
The Inuit cleaned themselves in steam baths made by urinating on hot rocks in enclosed tents. In parts of India and East Africa where water is scarce or polluted, people still bathe in cow urine. The ammonia released from the decomposition of urea produces the cleansing and disinfectant properties

9. ZEN WISDOM
When we draw strength from within, our outlook undergoes a dramatic transformation; everything around us looks completely different. To be inwardly strong—that is the key to happiness.   
    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment