Tuesday 11 March 2014

WEDNESDAY 12th MARCH 2014 06:16 GMT

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE NOW!! - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (13th March 1944)
On the Russian Front...
Soviet 1st Ukrainian Front, 2nd Ukrainian Front, and 3rd Ukrainian Front all make significant advances
Kriegsmarine destroyers bombard Soviet positions from the Baltic coast

In London...
Churchill orders the banning of free travel to and from Ireland in retaliation for their government's refusal to expel German diplomats

In the Vatican...
Pope Pius XII appeals for the protection of Rome from destruction by war.

In Washington DC...
Joint Chiefs-Of-Staff decide on a Pacific strategy of two separate thrusts to Formosa off China and Luzon in the Philippines

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Taijin Maru is sunk by USN submarine Flying Fish
Japanese vessel No. 3 Okinoyama Maru is sunk by USN submarine Gato
Japanese vessel Hosho Maru sunk by USN PBY aircraft in the Bismarck Sea 

Heavy fighting along the perimeter of US Empress Augusta Bay beachhead on Bougainville Island, but the Americans have heavy air support

Elements of US 7th Cavalry Regiment land on Hauwei Island unopposed

In Burma...
US 5307th Provisional Unit advance beyond Walawbum
Indian 111th LRP Brigade begins moving from Broadway base toward Nankan
Japanese troops attack Indian 100th Infantry Brigade around Witok 
Indian 20th Infantry Division begins orderly withdrawal toward Imphal
Japanese 33rd Infantry Division establishes roadblocks behind Indian 17th Infantry Division, cutting its withdrawal route to Imphal
In the Arakan, Indian 33rd Infantry Brigade captures Buthidaung
Indian 5th Infantry Division attacks Razabil 

In the Indian Ocean...
German supply ship Brake is sunk by RN destroyer Roebuck 

Today's Air Raids...
Aachen and Duisburg, Germany by RAF Bomber Command
St.Pol, France by US 8th Air Force
Nauru Island, Mille Atoll, Maloelap Atoll, Jaluit Atoll, and Wotje Atoll by US 7th Air Force
Wewak, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain by US 13th Air Force and US AirSols
Manus Island by US 5th Air Force
Burma military targets by US 10th Air Force
Silchar, Burma by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
Me Time/Meditation
Shopping
Garden Tidying
Online Marketing
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,718 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New followers = 1
@JerryJWeber  

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
With a client postponing, I had a free day to myself, which I rather self-indulged playing with Windows Movie Maker all day. Not that I have the slightest shred of guilt about this. I have learned that the secret of a fulfilling life is to do what you love doing. I also learned by trial-and-error some new editing techniques.

Now I have "got it out of my system" and can focus on more humdrum stuff, but I will still get fulfilment by making a difference. I have at this present moment a sense of smug satisfaction at having "got it", not by knowing everything but simply understanding my own purpose as a character. 

I feel like I've earned it - I've had plenty of experience of not having a clue what I'm doing, and being lost, lonely, confused and frightened. I now feel like I'm at the fulcrum of everything - from my current vantage point I see all the dualities of existence and feel like I'm right at the centre of it - I can see the whole universe from here! Within the single viewpoint of this character at least, the universe has had a very fulfilling experience of itself.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you truly living life or just existing?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Foggy start
The fog will lift into low cloud which will evaporate by noon.
Dry and sunny but cool in the afternnon
Clear skies in the evening, and fog will return overnight
Wind negligible
Max Temp = 9 degC
Min Temp = 1 degC
Sunrise at 06:30
Sunset at 18:05

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I'm not always rude - I have to sleep for a few hours  : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Mock The Week: Questions Omitted From This Year's Exams & What A Weather Forecaster Would Never Say - particularly funny!! 

8. TRIVIA
Fifty-eight percent of carers for an elderly relative experience symptoms of depression. 

9. ZEN WISDOM
Happiness does not exist as an isolated quality, nor does it conform to a single fixed pattern. Happiness is something that breathes and lives in the relationships between one person and another.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment