Saturday 15 March 2014

SUNDAY 16th MARCH 2014 06:58 GMT

NEW BOOK AVAILABLE NOW!! - ENLIGHTENMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE BITE-SIZED WISDOM, CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE

FOR PERSONAL ISSUES, OR TO FIND OUT WHAT I DO, WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE

1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (16th March 1944)
On the Russian Front...
The Soviet offensive in Ukraine continues to make rapid progress
 
In Germany...
Bulgarian leaders meet with Hitler

In Italy...
New Zealand Corps fights its way into Cassino

In the Mediterranean...
Kriegsmarine vessels R-161, RA-256, and UJ-2209 are sunk by Allied aircraft off the Italian coast
U-392 is sunk by USN aircraft and RN warships off Gibraltar - 52 dead (no survivors)

In the Pacific...
Japanese vessel Anzan Maru is sunk by USN submarine Flying Fish
Japanese vessel Kofuku Maru is sunk by USN submarine Silversides
Japanese vessels Nicheren Maru and IJN destroyer Shirakumo ate sunk by USN submarine Tautog

US 5th Marine Regiment captures Kilu on New Britain

US Task Force Brewer continues clearing Los Negros Island

US 8th Cavalry Regiment attacks toward Lorengau airfield on Manus Island 

In New Guinea...
Japanese fighters are withdrawn from Wewak to Hollandia to prevent continued unsustainable losses 

In Burma...
Indian 20th Infantry Division withdrawing toward Imphal
Indian 17th Infantry Division fights through Japanese blocks on the Tiddim road in order to withdraw toward Imphal 

In the Indian Ocean...
RN submarine Stonehenge is sunk by a mine
Indian vessel El Madina is sunk by IJN submarine RO-111 

Today's Air Raids...
Augsburg and military targets in Germany by US 8th Air Force - the Luftwaffe loses an unsustainable 67 fighters
Northern France Fighter patrols by RAF 2nd Tactical Air Force
Amiens and Clermont-Ferrand, France by RAF Bomber Command
Mille Atoll and Wotje Atoll by US 7th Air Force
Wewak, New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Rabaul and military targets on New Britain by US 13th Air Force
Kaveing, New Ireland by US AirSols
Imphal, India by Japanese aircraft

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging
The Milk Run
Lunch
Meditation/Me Time
Missus Time

Twitter Followers = 1,718 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 0

Unfollowers eliminated = 0
New followers = 1

@Sulistara

3. TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
The family finances made depressing reading, as our debt, incurred in Son's Conservatoire attempt last year, increased slightly. But with essential dental work and clothing for Missus and Practice Insurance for me, we were always going to make a loss this month. We are of course in no worse a position than a lot of folks, and at least we don't have a mortgage to worry about.

Since we're not going to get thrown out of the house, get anything repossessed and owe only about 2 months of average income, there are blessings to be counted. I am sticking resolutely to my philosophy which to date has brought me to new heights of happiness. 

With my knowledge and training, I often think about how much power I could wield if I didn't have to expend so much of it on mental self-management. Without self-control I have the capacity to inflict much harm, so considering that I am entirely self-taught without any kind of guru/svengali figure to come and guide me, and coming from a dysfunctional family background, I have done exceedingly well! 

A considerable incentive to "keep it together" is to have loved ones counting on you, and over and above these committed relationships is the inspiration and wisdom I can pass on to the receptive. Other people's wellbeing depends on my own - that tends to motivate you.

My ongoing success and fulfilment depends entirely on my ability to keep my focus on my intention - and this is incredibly hard work! My mind's subconscious contains the most unspeakable darkness, that if unmanaged wells up into my consciousness like a volcano. To harness its power without being consumed by it requires a level of concentration way above the average - but it's do or die! 

Enlightenment for me then is an essential for this character I play, not an optional extra, keeping it safe from self-destruct. For total success, I have to elevate my focus to the very highest level, and become perpetually super-aware. I know exactly how to do this, but it's such hard work! On the other hand, a benefit is that my life experience has now risen above confusion - my destiny is set and crystal clear - it's now a case of JUST DO IT

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you clear in your own mind about what your life is for?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry and cloudy.
A strong westerly wind will very gradually ease
Max Temp = 9 degC
Min Temp = 7 degC
Sunrise at 06:20
Sunset at 18:12

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I sat on the toilet, looked at my watch and thought "I don't have time for this shit" : D

7. NOW THAT'S FUNNY! 
Eric Keyes - Moo-oo, I'm A Cow

8. TRIVIA
The sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system. The planet Jupiter, if put in a bowl of water big enough, would float.

9. ZEN WISDOM
Make an effort to meet with people. Interaction with others opens up new and exciting possibilities. Meeting people stimulates our minds, gives us energy, leads to more new encounters and infinitely expands our life and our world.  
 
 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment