Thursday 18 October 2012

FRIDAY 19th OCTOBER 2012 06:27 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (19th OCTOBER 1942)
In Germany... With huge deliveries of foodstuffs from the harvest in occupied territories, food rations are substantially increased for German citizens.

In Washington... US government agrees to train and equip a further thirty divisions of Chinese troops.
In the Mediterranean... Italian vessels Beppe and destroyer Da Verazzano sunk by RN submarine HMS Unbending. Italian tug Pomo sunk by RN submarine HMS Thrasher.

In the Red Sea... British vessel Scalaria sunk by Axis aircraft.

In Madagascar... East African 22nd Infantry Brigade captures 800 Vichy troops near Ivato.

In the Atlantic... British vessel Rothley sunk by U-332. US vessel Steel Navigator sunk by U-610.

In the Pacific... Japanese artillery fire closes Henderson Field on Guadalcanal for most of the day. IJN destroyer Uranami damaged by US aircraft north of Guadalcanal. Australian coastwatchers secretly landed on Choiseul Island by USN submarine Grampus.

Todays Air Raids...
Axis military installations in Libya and Egypt by Desert Air Force and US MEAF

Gibraltar by Italian P-108 bombers

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging then hopefully fitting in a meditation before shift 1 of the Weekend Job. The later evening in front of the TV with missus.

 Twitter Followers = 1,568 (up 3)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers elimnated = 0


3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
Liberation from taking contraceptive responsibility for almost all of our 26 years of copulating is a sheer joy and means I no longer have to fake things, as I was doing for about 50% of our encounters by the turn of the decade. It's very easy to deceive a paranoid-schizophrenic, particularly when their senses are permanently dulled by antipsychotics. Not that I take any joy from deceit itself, but it is on occasion convenient. I can "hide things in plain sight". This is done to avoid embarrassment, long explanations or to spare feelings.


Though I have to put in above average quality time to the relationship itself, I still get far more freedom than most married blokes do. Coupled with the fact that we are under low financial pressure, we have abundant creature-comforts and missus worships me, I have much to be grateful for.

For me, love is not so much a feeling as a compulsion. It drives what I do and what decisions I make. That is how I determine love. Though I am often self-absorbed, I am not self-serving, though I find that serving others serves me anyway. It is the difference that I make to those around me that brings me joy - whether it's just an empathetic word or encouragement to those more distant or the fact that those closest cannot be joyful without me.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How do you know love?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Fine and dry all day.
Dry and clear in the evening and overnight.
Wind: Moderate and mainly southerly, veering westerly overnight.
Max Temp = 12 deg C
Min Temp = 8 deg C
Sunrise at 07:43
Sunset at 17:59
Jetstream: Over England & Wales and south-westerly


6. TODAY'S ONELINER
Good morning. I see the assassins have failed. : D


7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Frankie Boyle's Top 10 Darkest Jokes


8. TRIVIA
Trivia is the Roman goddess of sorcery, hounds and crossroads.


9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."

ALBERT EINSTEIN

 





No comments:

Post a Comment