Saturday 27 October 2012

SATURDAY 27th OCTOBER 2012 09:00 BST


AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY
TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (27th OCTOBER 1942)
On the Russian Front… German 6th Army and Soviet 62nd Army engaged in heavy fighting in the Barrikady factory and Red October factory in Stalingrad
 
In the Arctic... Soviet submarine L-22 conducts minelaying operations off Norway.

In the Baltic... Soviet submarine SC-308 sunk by Finnish submarine Iku Turso

In Egypt... Heavy fighting continues at El Alamein
 
In the Atlantic... British vessel Anglo Maersk sunk by U-604.
British vessels Pacific Star and Stentor sunk by U-509.
British vessel Sourabaya sunk by U-436.
U-627 sunk by an RAF B-17 bomber

Todays Air Raids...
Northern France by RAF Fighter Command on military targets.
North Sea Minelaying by RAF Bomber Command
Kokoda Track, Papua New Guinea by US 5th Air Force
Lashio Airfield, Burma by US bombers.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging then a brief missus time before shift 2 of the Weekend Job. Footie on TV in the late evening.
 
Twitter Followers = 1,572 (up 1)
   Nonfollowed eliminated = 0
   Unfollowers elimnated = 0


3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
After a trouble-free shift at the Weekend Job, I was pleased to see son's morale had been lifted by some good news - his weight loss is on track and his band got some good publicity. With his visit to his sister Sunday-Tuesday, horndog missus will doubtless be wanting to take advantage, so a further three tadalafil tablets will be required. I will also need to be disciplined in diet and exercise, which affects my "performance".
 
Though I have no issues with my own weight, there is a credibility/appearance issue for me as a therapist. In addition, well publicised weight loss would be good for my practice. I CAN lose weight quite easily, it's just that the incentive is low as I'm happy. That said, circumstances are gradually forcing me into a corner so I may be making changes next week.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What factors would prompt you to make a lifestyle change?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Dry, bright and sunny all day but with a raw cold north wind.

Dry and clear in the evening.
Rain moving in overnight
Wind: Moderate and northerly, veering gradually westerly overnight.
Max Temp = 6 deg C
Min Temp = 2 deg C
Sunrise at 07:58
Sunset at 17:42

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I see these mums who can do everything and I think.. I should have them do some stuff for me : D

 
7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
From Series 10 - Unlikely Things to Hear in a Science Documentary

8. TRIVIA
Most of the world's cobalt, essential in metal alloys, comes from the Congo.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." — DALAI LAMA



No comments:

Post a Comment