Thursday 4 October 2012

FRIDAY 5th OCTOBER 2012 07:00 BST


NOW AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WW2 (5th October1942)
In the Ukraine... Hitler returns to his forward command headquarters near Vinnitsa.

Over Germany... RAF Bomber Command sends 257 aircraft to attack Aachen overnight.

In the Atlantic... U-582 is sunk by US Navy aircraft off Iceland. U-619 is sunk by RAF Coastal Command aircraft. US vessel William A. McKinley sunk by U-175.

In the Pacific... In the Solomon Islands, USN Task Force 17 with aircraft carrier Hornet attacks Japanese installations and shipping. IJN destroyers Minegumo and Murasame are damaged by aircraft. IJN submarine I-22 sunk by US Navy aircraft near Indispensable Strait.


In Papua New Guinea... US 5th Air Force aircraft attack Buna and Sanananda.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
I thought it would be a good idea to dig out the old relic laptop yesterday with the idea of using it for non-essential stuff, and it's promptly gobbled up a day and half a night already getting it in a usable state. This was due to to unforeseen factors. Firstly a laptop that's not been used for months won't work because the CMOS internal lithium battery goes flat. Once I'd figured that out and left it on charge for long enough, I found it can still hardly do anything because the software is too obselete to run anything. A few hundred Windows security updates later and it's still not ready, as it needs more codecs to play videos, which of course I can't do yet because of all the software updates needed before you can do anything!

Lol, it's all experience! Even now the old laptop is updating away while I'm working on the newer one. In and around old laptop restoration, I hope to fit in blogging and meditation/sleep before shift 1 of the Weekend Job. Missus time in the later evening.

Twitter Followers = 1,554 (up 1)
Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
Unfollowers eliminated = 0


3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
I've returned to doing Yoga sun salutations and T'ai Chi in the morning, and frankly I'm finding them a drag, but I'm going to persist because of how much better I feel afterwards! There's an added "zing" in my body that wasn't there before, and as I build up muscle strength and co-ordination skills, the routines will become less arduous.

4. TODAY’S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you doing the things and making the changes that will make your life better?


5. TODAY’S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Damp and drizzly start, clearing by 8am

Dry all day and evening, with bright sunshine.
Clouding over in the evening but it will remain dry overnight.
The westerly wind will strengthen during the day, easing in the evening.
Max Temp: 10 degC
Min Temp 8 degC
Sunrise 07:17
Sunset 18:32
Jetstream:
Directly over England and Westerly

6. TODAY’S ONELINER
My memory is so bad, I'm planning my own surprise party! : D

7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Things A Sports Commentator Would Never Say

8. TRIVIA
The Statue of Liberty's mouth is 3 feet wide.


9. THE WISDOM I’VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"When teachers depend on the coercive powers of law or technique, they have no authority at all." - Parker J. Palmer


 

No comments:

Post a Comment