Tuesday 16 October 2012

WEDNESDAY 17th OCTOBER 2012 06:07 BST

AVAILABLE FOR KINDLE DOWNLOAD, DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AND AUDIOBOOK EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

FOR MORE WISDOM CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR PAGE


1. THIS DAY IN WORLD WAR 2 (17th OCTOBER 1942)
On the Russian Front... At Stalingrad there is heavy fighting at the Barrikady factory, Tractor factory, and Red October factory.

In Papua New Guinea... There is heavy fighting on the Kokoda Track at Templeton's Crossing.

In the Dutch East Indies... Japanese authorities in Netherlands East Indies order woment and children from Allied nations to begin reporting to internment camps.

In the Pacific... Japanese vessel Holland Maru sunk by USN submarine Trigger off Kyushu, Japan.

In the Indian Ocean... British vessel Empire Chaucer sunk by U-504

Today's Air Raids....
Le Creusot Armaments Factory, France by RAF Bomber Command
Kiska by US 11th Air Force
Guadalcanal Japanese supply dumps by USAAF
Guadalcanal Henderson Field by Japanese aircraft.

2. TODAY IN MY LIFE
Top-up shopping, Reiki study and CD-making, meditation. Missus time in the evening.

    Twitter Followers = 1,563 (up 8)
      Nonfollowed eliminated = 1
      Unfollowers elimnated = 0

3. TODAY’S SELF-OBSERVATION
My latest big revelation is somewhat technical - why my daily blogs suddenly wouldn't publish properly. To save time, I have always copied over the subheadings for this blog from yesterday's post to today's when I'm writing it. Unfortunately, Blogger automatically generates a lot of unnecessary HTML, and when you copy subheadings, you also copy over all the attendant HTML and multiply it. Do this for a while and you end up with THOUSANDS of lines of unnecessary HTML code which then crashes the page.


Who knew?! Now I know, the problem is easily fixed of course. Once a week, rather than copying over, I have to hand-type the headings, and there's no problem. Simples!

Yesterday I was inexplicably undisciplined, wasting time, skipping mental/physical exercises and overeating, although I still got the housework done and enjoyed quality relationship time, so I will forgive myself a "day off". With this month's Reiki Share on Sunday, it's important to gear up and prepare, so that fact will probably snap me back into line today.

4. TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is what you're doing taking your life forward and making a difference?

5. TODAY'S WEATHER IN BRADFORD
Wet start, but rain will then clear by mid-morning.
Bright and sunny for the rest of the day
Dry and mainly clear in the evening and overnight.
Wind: Moderate and easterly first thing, veering southerly
Max Temp = 13 degC
Min Temp = 5 deg C
Sunrise at 07:39
Sunset at 18:04
Jetstream: Over England & Wales and westerly

6. TODAY'S ONELINER
I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food, I don't even know where Sandwiches live : D

7. THE BEST OF MOCK THE WEEK
Frankie Boyle On Animals

8. TRIVIA
You shed enough skin flakes in your lifetime to fill eight five-pound flour bags.

9. THE WISDOM I'VE LEARNED FROM OTHERS
"Don’t use the past as an excuse to miss out on your future." — ALAN COHEN



No comments:

Post a Comment